27. A date?

"B! Where are you?" I asked frantically when I got home.

"I'm in my room!" he shouted from upstairs.

I ran up the stairs as fast as I could. I almost fell down the stairs and bumped into something, but it doesn't really matter, I'm fine.

"Are you okay?" He asked laughing.

"Shut up B, don't be such a bitch, I need your help!" 

"You need my help?"

"Yeah, I need you to come to the store with me and maybe make some red velvet cupcakes." I asked with a soft smile.

"For what?"

"I'm planning a date tonight and I need a few things."

"A date? I thought you liked Adrian."

I gave him an unimpressed look so he could figure it out for himself. It took a while, but he got there.

"OH! You're going on a date with him? That's great ! Yeah, I'll go to the store with you." 

With those words we grabbed some money, grabbed our bikes and headed to the store. There we parted ways, I grabbed some candles, the biggest blanket I could find, and some food. Then I met up with Brian, he had picked up the ingredients for the cupcakes and a few other things he needed. Then we went back home, and when we entered, our dad was already waiting for us.

"Where did you guys go?"

"To the store, I'm planning something for later."

"Cam here has a date tonight and is planning it. I'm helping with a few things."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I don't have anything else to do."

"You're finally going on a date with Adrian?" my dad asked, amused.

"Yeah." I replied cheerfully.

"Isn't he supposed to take YOU on a date?"

"Not when I asked him out, Dad."

"Alright then."

"Let's eat, I'm hungry!" said Brian.
____________________________________

At 5pm Brian and I took the stuff down to the beach. We set up the benches for the candles so we could still see well after the sun went down. We laid the blanket on the ground and over the benches and kind of buried it on the over side of the benches so the blanket would stay still. We put some pillows in the space between the benches so we'd be more comfortable, and I started setting up the candles and creating a straight place for our food later. We didn't do this right in front of our houses so Adrian couldn't see it. When I was done, Brian went home to bring the cupcakes and pick up the food. It wasn't going to be anything fancy, so it was going to be fun. I already had the drink with me down at the beach to cool off, so all that's missing is the food, I'll change and get Adrian. When Brian got back we set everything up and Brian stayed there to make sure no one took our spot while I changed and put on a bikini, just in case, some comfy shorts and a graphic tee. Then I went to pick him up. I knocked on the door and Aurora opened it for me.

"Hey Cammie. My brother should be ready any minute now."

"Hey Aura, thanks for telling me. Did you have fun at Jenna's house?"

"Yes! It was so much fun!"

"That's great!"

"Having fun already ladies?" asked Adrian as he came down the stairs.

"Always, you know, I'm great company." I said.

"You really are." He smirked. 

"Well, have fun you two!" 

"We will." I assured.

"Let's go?" Adrian asked.

"Yeah." I said, reaching for his hand. 

We held hands as Aurora closed the door. 

"So where to?" Adrian asked.

"Let's go for a walk on the beach first." 

"Alright." He smiled as we continued walking.

We walked to the place that Brian and I'd prepared. I'm so excited! I hope he likes it. Brian was nowhere to be seen until I saw him hiding where I told him to. I signaled him to go home and he did.

"So, how do you like it?" I asked.

"I love it! You got burgers, fries, red velvet cupcakes..."

"Brian made those and I have drinks in there. I know you only drink out of bottles, and I've that in there too, along with a two cups. Oh, and some chocolate covered strawberries."

"That sounds fantastic!" He said, amused. 

"Let's sit down then." 

We ate our food very quickly. We had a lot of fun! We laughed and ate and overall had a great time. Apparently I had a little bit of ketchup in the corner of my mouth and he wiped it away. He didn't take his hand off my face again, I just knew he was going to kiss me and if he didn't I would. After a few moments, he did. I pulled away and went to reach for the strawberries, but he grabbed me by the hips and pulled me to him. I giggled and tickled him, causing him to let go of me. I took my chance and reached for the strawberries. When I noticed that he was about to say something, I popped one into his mouth and we both laughed. This is the best date I've ever been on! I don't know if it was because I planned it or because of the company. I think I fell in love with him. Pretty hard. Thinking back on it, we were enemies in the beginning. I hated that guy once! This truly feels like a dream!

"It's not fair when you have weapons!" he complained jokingly. 

"I make the rules, and I say it's fair!"

"We'll see about that later, come here."

I did as he said and we snuggled together. I was looking out to sea as usual, and I am not sure where he was looking, but he was playing with my hair. 

"See that star?" he asked, pointing to a star in the night sky.

"Yes."

"That's the North Star." 

"How do you know?"

"Let me explain..."

And just like that we talked about the stars and the universe for a good hour and a half. I think we fell asleep around 3am or so. I really have no idea. What I do know is that he woke up before I did.

"Wakey wakey." He said and shook me.

I turned to face him before opening my eyes.

"Oh shit, we fell asleep!" 

"Yeah, we better pack everything up and go home."

"Yeah, let's get to work."