17. Signs

"That could've been avoided." said Ophelia.

"Yeah, I know. But I wasn't going to waste time finding crap about Dominic. I really wanted to get to know him, and if the date was a total mess, I wouldn't talk to him again so I didn't feel the need to tell you who he was." 

"You literally got two signs that night." Heather began. "Two weird signs, but signs nonetheless." 

"It's literally been a week. Can we just drop it?" I asked. 

"It's been a week, you and Adrian haven't talked since then, and you're going on a second date with the demonic being tonight. No, we can't drop it!" said Heather. 

"You know what? Let's make a promise right now. Camilla, if you hear Adrian's name, say it, or think of him three times, you'll ditch Dominic and come to our house. Okay?" suggested Ophelia. 

"Fine, I'll do that." said I and put on my white heels.

I had told Dominic that it'd would be better if we met where the date was rather than him picking me up because of Adrian. I didn't want him to get any more annoyed. So he texted me to say that the date would be back at Tavern Tale. I made my way there so as not to disturb Brian and my father. When I got there he was already waiting for me outside.

"Hey beautiful, glad you could make it." He said and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"Hey, I'm glad too." I smiled at him. 

He put his hand on my lower back and we walked inside. We found a table and he sat down across from me. A short time later, Tammy walked up to us.

"Good evening you lovebirds! You already know how it goes. What can I get started for you guys?..."
____________________________________

While Dominic and I waited for our food, I looked over at the door and saw Adrian. At least, I thought I did. He came into the restaurant and picked up his food. When I looked closer, I noticed it wasn't Adrian, it was Jake. A guy I'd met at the twins' birthday party. I looked back at Dominic, who was looking on his phone for something to show me. I looked around the table and my hands a little bored when I felt someone's gaze on me. I turned around and saw the one person I've been thinking about since I arrived here. Adrian. He apparently came in to get something to eat, I guess. He chuckled and shook his head up and down as I looked at him. I don't know what was going on inside me, but I knew I had to go. NOW ! I picked up my guilty conscience and my bag before I finally said something.

"I'm so sorry. I need to go!"

"Is it because of your «friend» Adrian?" He asked, looking up at me as he clenched his jaw and killed me with his gaze.

"I really have to go now. I'm sorry I can't do this." I said and stood up.

"Go running after him! Maybe you'll get lucky and he'll take you home." He said and stood up as well.

"Don't make this harder Dominic, please." I begged him, holding back my tears. I hated that I had to do this so badly.

"Didn't you hear me? Go! Choose him. Maybe he'll hurt you like he did to everyone else." 

"This has nothing to do with Adrian! How the hell do you even know we were friends? I never mentioned him."

"Oh, you didn't have to! Remember that day at the bar? I only talked to you cause I saw the way he was looking at you. I knew I had to take you away from him!" He yelled.

"Why? Why the fuck did you do that? Why do you hate him that much?" I asked, still fighting the tears that wanted so desperately wanted to run freely down my cheeks.