8. Getting set up

"Of course we won't tell them. We're so glad you've decided to do this for them. We can help you whenever you guys need." said Carol, Heather and Ophelia's mother.

"It's okay, you just have to keep the twins away from your house all morning. Maybe go to a restaurant for lunch and stuff." Adrian explained. 

"Adrian, you have our number, you can tell us when on that day." said Albert said.

"Will do sir, thanks for the help." He thanked. 

"Camilla honey, have you looked for something for them to wear or do I have to look myself?" asked Carol lovingly.

"I haven't started looking yet, but I was thinking they might wear something silver." 

"That sounds great! If you need help, I can help you. Here, let me give you my number." she offered. 

"Thanks, Mrs. O'Brien, I'll keep that in mind." I said and kept the piece of paper she handed me that had her phone number on it.

"You don't have to thank me. You can call me Carol if you want. Oh, come here, that might help." She said and walked to the back of the store.

I looked at Adrian before deciding to follow her. He shrugged his shoulders at what Carol had said. He's not being helpful at all. I'd have come alone if I knew he was going to be like this. When I got to the back, Carol was already waiting for me.

"I'm sorry if I'm being nosy right now, but Adrian is like the son I never had. What's going on between you two?"

"Um, what do you mean?"

"I can feel the tension between you two."

"Oh, um, Adrian and I don't get along very well."

"Well, it seems to be more than that."

"What do you mean?" 

"You'll see later, dear. You can go now." 

"Okay Carol, I'll see you later."

"See you then." 

I walked into the main room of the store to meet up with Adrian who was on his phone. He hadn't noticed me so I bumped into him on purpose.

"What was that for?" He asked angrily.

"To tell you to pay attention to your surroundings. Let's go."

"Feisty. What happened in there?"

"Nothing much, we were talking about the outfits."

"I texted you the list of people."

"Okay, are they from around here?"

"Yeah."

"Cool."

"We'll have to write and mail the invitations unless you want to take the mailman's job."

"I'll take his job. We need as much money as we can get."

"Okay, suit yourself."

We walked back to my house. The walk was silent, except for the moments when he said hello to almost every person we crossed. Why does he have to do that? By the time we got home, Brian was also arriving. He had been to the store to buy a few things, probably the ingredients for the cupcakes. 

"Hey guys, how did it go?"

"Good, we got extra help if we needed it." explained Adrian.

"That sounds good. Hey, is that one of my flannels Cam?"