Prelude

"You'll be more comfortable yourself, Minsoo-ya. The more you see them as fellow human beings and friends, the less you'll feel intimidated by their status and popularity. You'll start to see their flaws and mistakes, you'll appreciate them more, and in turn they'll also appreciate you more. We're all the same, really... They're just more popular," I said, smiling in the end.

Minsoo considered my words for a few long seconds, but then his eyes lit up, as if a lightbulb had just been turned on inside his head. His mouth gaped, and he nodded repeatedly. I chuckled seeing this young man.

He was a few years younger than me, sure, but why did he look so inexperienced and innocent? Ah, but Suzy trusted him as Twice's manager anyway, so maybe she saw his potential

He was a few years younger than me, sure, but why did he look so inexperienced and innocent? Ah, but Suzy trusted him as Twice's manager anyway, so maybe she saw his potential. Honestly, after talking to him tonight, I did too.

"Thank you, Hyungnim!" he said.
"Don't mention it," I said, sipping my drink again.

At that moment, a petite girl in a black hoodie walked and sat next to me. She crossed her arms and sat silently, her hood obscuring her face from everyone's view, only her long black hair was visible. I chuckled and flung my arm across her shoulder.

"Hi, Babe," I said.
"Don't 'Hi Babe' me," she said curtly.

Minsoo looked confused, so I chuckled.

"I'm sorry. She's always in this kind of mood," I said to him.

He chuckled nervously, evidently confused. Suddenly, the girl next to me also chuckled and slapped my thigh.

"Are we going or not?" she asked with an annoyed tone, but I found her adorable. I chuckled again.
"Alright, alright!" I said, then I turned to look at Minsoo. "Hey, this is Minsoo. Twice's new manager."

Irene looked up, and Minsoo was so shocked seeing her he had to physically stop himself from spitting out the drink that was in his mouth.

"Hi," Irene said coolly.

Minsoo gulped, and his mouth gaped wide again. I chuckled. I had the same exact reaction when I met Irene last year during Blackpink's 10th anniversary. Who would have thought that in just one and a half years she'd be one of my two girlfriends? Life could be funny sometimes.

"Yeongi, come on. Jennie will call anytime soon," Irene said, turning towards me again. I nodded and stood up, Irene following me.
"Nice meeting you, Minsoo-ya! Take good care of the girls, okay?" I said. He bowed deeply.
"Nice meeting you, Hyungnim! A-and... Irene-ssi," he said nervously, a little loudly.

Irene placed a finger on her lips and shushed him. He nodded, keeping his voice down. I smiled and started leaving, but then I remembered something. I turned to face Minsoo.

"Oh. Try food," I said.
"I-I'm sorry... What?"
"Food. These girls love food. Street food, especially," I said, grinning wide. "Annyeong!"

Minsoo still looked confused, but Irene was tugging on my sleeve, so I simply laughed and walked out of the bar with her. It was the last day of November, and the weather was getting a lot colder, so I zipped my jacket up, trying to block the cold wind. To my surprise, Irene's fingers slipped into mine, holding it tightly.