Fix You

Mitch was being rushed to the hospital and when his eyes fluttered open the first person he heard was Scott. "It's okay! I'm here it's going to be okay!" Scott said. Mitch's ears ring and he began to close his eyes again. "No, no, no! Stay awake! Don't leave me!" Scott said holding Mitch's hand. The ambulance jerked to a stop and they were soon pulling Mitch into an elevator. "Mitch it's okay! I will be there soon! I'm so so so sor-" Scott said before the nurses cut him off.

"Sir, we have to go up please move!" The nurse said and Scott left the elevator and the doors closed. Scott looked around, hyperventilating. He ran up to the nurse at the desk and rested his hands on the table.

"Hello, how may I-"

"I need to know when I can see Mitchell, Mitchell Grassi!" Scott was heavily breathing as tears threatened to fall. Just then Kirstie, Kevin, and Avi along with Esther busted through the doors.

"Scott!" Kirstie yelled across the room and hugged Scott. Scott went full blast now, tears and all. "Sh,sh... it's okay...he is gonna be okay.."

"He goes into surgery early in the morning.. You won't be able to see him until right before for a few minutes" the nurse butted in. Kirstie nodded and helped Scott to a chair.

"Oh, God.." Scott mumbled through his tears, "It should have been me..."

"Scott! Don't you dare!" Kirstie said sternly. Scott wiped his blotchy red face, his hands shining with tears and his eyes itchy and burning. "Mitch wouldn't want you to say that! He would be so upset!"

"It's my fault... If I hadn't been such an idiot..." Scott mumbled. Kirstie hugged him tight.

"Excuse me! IS THERE A MR.HOYING?!" A nurse yelled as she curated out from a back room. Scott stood up quickly and wiped his eyes.

"Yes! I- Hello!" Scott stumbled as he got up and waved his hand in the air. "that's me! I am Mitch- Mitchell's fiancé!"

The nurse ran over and shook Scott's hand. "Yes, yes! Uhm, Mitchell is awake! He would like to see you"

"Oh, thank God!" Scott sighed in relief and smiled.

"Right this way" the nurse grabbed Scott quickly and guided him towards the room Mitch was in. Kirstie nodded before he left. Scott followed closely behind the nurse. "My name is Nurse Kallina, you can call me Kelly," the nurse said quickly, "blah blah, legal stuff, your partner goes into surgery soon, he wants to see you before he does."

Scott nodded. "In here" the nurse said before quickly pushing a door open and stopping immediately. There lay Mitch, laying in bed, hooked up to a bunch of machines. Mitch turned his head weakly to look at Scott.

"Scott.." Mitch mumbled with all his strength. "Listen to me..whatever happens, happens. I will always love you" Mitch whispered as a tear rolled down his cheek. Scott slowly walked over to Mitch's bed and knelt down beside him.

"Don't say things like that, you aren't going to die." Scott stated trying to hold back tears. "I am so sorry.. I just- I wasn't think-" Scott started blabbing before Mitch cut him off.

"I know Scott, I know." Mitch nodded his head and smiled. Scott took Mitch's hand in his. "If I make it, we are getting married at the same place on the same date, and I will love you just as much as I do now" Mitch said with a smile. Scott started to cry and wiped away his and his soon to be husband's tears. Scott placed a kiss of Mitch's cheek and the nurse cleared his throat.

"I am sorry, but Mitch goes into surgery now.." the nurse stated. Mitch smiled as Scott stood up and walked to the door way. Scott mouthed an I love you and Mitch blew him a kiss before leaving and disappearing down the hall. He will make it. Scott thought to himself, his words destine to become facts. He will live.