XLIV

January 27
23:58

Yoongi PoV

"Your answer is... correct. Congratulations for beating the game. Reverend Blue is now permitted to escape. However there is a rule that I forgot to mention in the beginning. The person who answers correctly can only take one more person to escape with them. Everyone else will unfortunately die. You have 2 minutes to choose someone".

What? What the fuck is this?

"I'll vote myself out", Taehyung begins. "I'm a murderer. I don't deserve to live".

"But-", Jimin tried to retaliate but Taehyung merely shook his head.

"If you choose me, I'll refuse", he looks to Jungkook.

"Then... then if Taehyung isn't leaving then I'm not leaving either", Jimin boldly states.

"Jimin that's enough. It should be you and Jungkook to escape", I say.

Taehyung has already refused to leave and Namjoon is remaining silent. I couldn't possibly leave either so it has to be Jimin and Jungkook.

"But hyung-", he whines.

"No. The decision is final".

"Why don't you let him stay?", Namjoon perks up. "Shouldn't you take that as an opportunity to leave?"

His words linger in my head.

"I'd rather die than escape with my fellow member's deaths on my hands", I shout, a lump forming in my throat. The tears threatened to fall.

"That's how I feel hyung!", Jimin retorts. However he is unable to stop his own tears.
"I know I'm being selfish right now but please go with Jungkook. Please escape this horrible place."

"If I knew... if I know I wouldn't have been the one to guess!", Jungkook shouts while crying.

We all look to Jungkook who broke down.

"Jungkook?"

"I'm so sorry. I thought if I guessed we all could've left together", he cries out.

"Jungkook.... it's not your fault. We didn't know".

"1 minute is left. Please have your choice made by then", the machine interrupted.

Shit.

"Namjoon, what about you?", I ask.

"What about me?"

"Do you want to escape?"

"I'm afraid that is not a possibility for me anymore."

We all look at him, confused.

"What do you mean?", Jimin inquires.

"I'm the mastermind of this killing game".