(186): Butterflies (Part Four)

Sorry, guys! I really did plan on posting this last night, but my favorite Walking Dead character died so I spent my night drowning in tears and heartbreak.
Anyways, enjoy! Part four~

(Unedited).

For the rest of your middle school years, Tadashi remains by your side. He falls harder for you each day, but he keeps it to himself. On your graduation day, you plan to hang out with Tadashi and Hiro, who skipped a few grades and will now graduate with yours and Tadashi's class.

You spend your morning getting ready. You (curl/straighten) your hair so that it will look perfect. Your phone rings as you're running a comb through it. You pick it up.

"Hello?"

"Hey. Are you almost ready?" Tadashi asks.

"Yeah. I'll be there in like, twenty minutes."

"Sounds good," He says. "I've got to go. Aunt Cass insists on pictures."

You laugh. "Okay. I'll meet you there."

"Sounds great. Later."

"Later," You say, hanging up.

You finish getting ready and then leave with your family, anxious to graduate and anxious to see Tadashi.

-

You don't see Tadashi until the graduation ceremony is over. After a few pictures with family and friends, you push through the crowd, diploma held tightly against your chest.

You see Tadashi, hugging his very excited Aunt Cass. Aunt Cass pulls away, wiping away tears and smiling. You tap on Tadashi's shoulder.

"Hey," You greet with a grin.

"Hey!" Tadashi says excitedly. He pulls you into his arms. When you pull away, he says, "You look great."

You blush. "You do, too."

"Thanks," He says. Hiro rolls his eyes.

"Come on, Hiro. Let's go talk to your old teachers," Cass urges gently.

Hiro groans but walks with his aunt, anyways.

"Wanna walk around the school one last time?" Tadashi asks.

"Sure," You say.

The two of you leave the gym, walking by the white gazebo and cherry blossom trees that are in the courtyard.

You sigh. "I would say that I'll miss this place, but I really won't."

Tadashi laughs. "I won't, either. But I'll miss you."

"Aw, Tadashi." You hug him.

"I wish that we weren't going to different colleges."

"I know," You say sadly. "I'll miss you a lot. You have no idea."

"I keep thinking about how I left you for, like, two years." He laughs again.

"Hey," You laugh and shrug, "I don't blame you. I was totally crazy about you at the age of six. I probably annoyed you all of the time."

"You did," He says. "At the time. But if you were to tell me that you like like me now, well, I wouldn't run away from you."

"You wouldn't?" You ask.

"Nope," He answers.

"Is that a test?"

"Maybe," He replies with a smirk.

"Well, Tadashi. I like like you."

"Good. That's all I've ever wanted to hear." Tadashi pulls you to a stop.

"It is?"

"Ever since sixth grade," He explains. Then he slowly leans in, one hand on your cheek, the other behind your neck. You reach up around his shoulders, holding him close. The butterflies attack you again, stronger than ever, as his lips touch yours.

~

Years later, you sit at home, watching a little TV as dinner cooks.

The front door opens and Tadashi, your husband, steps inside. You stand up and walk to him.

"Hello, beautiful," He says, hugging you and kissing you. "How was your day?"

"Okay," You say. "How was work?"

"Same," He sighs. Tadashi places his hands on your swollen stomach. "How was your day, baby?"

The baby kicks, feeling even more real than the butterflies that used to flutter under your skin. Tadashi smiles and leans down to kiss your stomach.