(175): Inventing

I've been getting requests for a cute and happy Hiro x Reader, so here you guys go. ^-^

(Unedited).

"So basically, all I have to do is come up with an idea that blows Callaghan away, and I'm in!" Hiro tells you excitedly. He called you as soon as Tadashi stapled the SFIT showcase flyer on the wall.

"That's great, Hiro!" You say. Hiro's been your friend for years. The two of you are extremely close.

"Yeah. I know that I can come up with an idea. I just need help. Could you come over today?"

"Yeah. Totally."

"Cool. Be over in like, an hour. Okay?"

"Okay," You smile.

~

When you arrive at Hiro's house, you are sent up to his room, where he sits at his desk. You open the door and see Hiro sitting at his desk, head in his hands.

"Hey, Hiro. How's the idea coming?" You ask cheerfully.

"Hi," He mumbles.

"Are you okay?"

"I can't do this," He whispers.

"Sure you can!" You say. "Come on! Think!"

"Okay, okay." Hiro sits up straight and takes a deep breath. He grabs a pencil and nods. "I can do this. Okay. Okay."

You smile encouragingly.

Twenty minutes later, Hiro hits his head against the wall over and over. "Stupid. Useless."

"Wow. Washed up at fourteen. So sad," Tadashi says from his bed.

"Right?" You sigh.

"I-I've got nothing! I'm done! I'm never getting into that nerd school!"

Tadashi walks over to Hiro and spins his chair around to face him. "I'm not giving up on you," He says.

"I'm not either," You add.

Tadashi grabs Hiro by the ankles and lifts him over his shoulders.

"What are you doing!"

"Shake things up! Use that big brain of yours! Find a new angle."

Hiro rolls his eyes and frowns. "There's no way I can-" His eyes focus on his bot. "Wait! I have an idea!"

"You do?" You ask.

"Yeah! Come on, ___." He grabs his bot and your hand. "We've got lots of work to do."

~

Over the next few weeks, you work with Hiro on his project. Microbots, as he called them. They are seriously cool.

Working with Hiro meant staying in the garage all the time. Meals were always something easy: ramen or pizza or takeout. Late nights, if you went home, it was after midnight. Sometimes you just crashed on the couch in the garage while Hiro slept in his office chair. Sometimes Tadashi's friends joined in to check on Hiro. Eventually, they became your friends, too.

Finally, Hiro takes a deep breath and admires the blue bins of microbots. "I think. . . I think we're done."

"Great job, Hiro," You say.

Hiro pats your back. "Couldn't of done it without you, ___. I really couldn't of. Um, thanks." He blushes.

"You're very welcome." You take his hand and squeeze it gently. He smiles. "I had a great time in here. Like, all of the time. I'll miss hanging out with you so much. And the others, of course."

"Don't worry, ___. I'll always have time for you. College isn't getting in the way, I promise." He hugs you tightly.

You lean your head on his shoulder. "I love you, Hiro," You say softly.

"I love you, too," He replies.

You pull away. "Well, I'll see you at the showcase tonight."

"You're going?" He asks.

"Of course! There's no way I'd miss it!"

Hiro grins. "Good. So I'll see you, then."

"Yup," You say. You turn to walk away.

Hiro grabs you wrist. "Wait," He says. You turn to face him. He yanks you to him and crushes you into a hug. You open your mouth to speak, but he silences you by kissing you.

He pulls away. His face is burning red. "See you."

"O-Okay," You stutter. You leave the garage in a daze.

Tadashi walks into the garage as you walk out. He laughs at your red face. He must've seen. "Told you there was more to life than bot fighting, bro!" He shouts. You leave, smiling.