(179): Cartoons

Tadashi x Reader requested by kdchristine_4.

(Unedited).

It's Saturday morning. You wake up early and get ready to head over to Tadashi's house. Ever since you were little, you would go over to his house. Tadashi lives just above his aunt's cafe. You love that place. It feels just like home.

When you arrive, Aunt Cass has just opened up the cafe. She smiles. "Morning, ___. You're earlier than usual."

You glance up at the clock. "Hm. Yeah, I guess I am. Sorry."

"Don't apologize," She laughs. "Tadashi's up." She places a tray of pastries into the display. "Donut? Muffin?"

"Sure," You say, grabbing a (favorite_pastry). "Thank you."

"Anytime."

You smile and jog up the stairs quietly. The TV plays in the living room. Tadashi sits at the chair, eyes focused on the screen. It takes a minute before you realize that he's watching a kid's cartoon. One of those early, sunny, educational ones from your childhood. Shows watched with coloring books and chocolate milk and stuffed animals and cookies and fruit snacks. Your favorite one.

You laugh silently. "Um, haven't you seen this one before?"

Tadashi jumps and turns to face you. "___!"

You erupt in laughter. His face darkens to a deep red and he reaches for the remote. He turns the TV off and runs a hand through his hair.

"You're- you're here early," He struggles to get out.

"Yeah," You say. "Not early enough, apparently. I'm missing my favorite episode!"

Tadashi blushes again. "Well, you see- I- uh- well, there was nothing on and I just decided to watch it-"

"It's totally okay, Tadashi. I completely get it. You still love (cartoon)."

"No I don't!"

"Yes you do! It's okay. I do, too."

"Um, you do?"

"Of course," You say. You grab the remote and turn the TV back on. "And I would be happy to watch it with you just like the old days."

Tadashi smiles. "Alright."

The two of you lay on your stomachs in front of the TV, eyes intent on the screen. Aunt Cass walks in and sees the two of you. She shakes her head. "I don't even wanna know," She mutters. Tadashi looks at you and laughs. You smile and lean your head against his shoulder.

What's your favorite kid/toddler cartoon? For toddler shows-- Mine's got to be either PB & J Otter or Rollie Polie Olie.

Kid shows-- I don't know. Basically everything that played on One Saturday Morning. That was my whole childhood.