(133): Forgetting (Part Two)

Part two of Forgetting, as requested. c:
(Unedited).

Later that day, you leave SFIT. It's raining. Perfect for your mood. You pull your hood over your head and trudge through the muddy puddles on the sidewalk. The rainwater soaks into your shoes.

You just didn't get it. How could Fred just not remember? The two of you were so close. You would spend almost everyday together, and the days you spent apart were miserable. Did that mean nothing at all to him?

That's it. You're going to Fred's house. He has to live in the same place, right? You walk to the mansion. Your feet ache by the time you get to the huge, white building. You ring the doorbell and wait.

"Good evening," A familiar voice says as he opens the door.

"Heathecliffe!" You gasp. He smiles softly.

"Ms. (Last_Name). How have you been?"

"Okay." You shrug.

"Here, here. Out of the rain." Heathecliffe pulls you inside. "I'll take your jacket. Would you like a warm towel?"

"I'm okay," You answer. You hand him your jacket. "Um, is Fred here?"

Heathecliffe nods. "You know where he'll be."

"Great. Thanks, Heathecliffe."

You walk away, your shoes squeaking with every step. So Heathecliffe could remember you, but not Fred? Ridiculous. You reach Fred's room. Speakers blare loud music and sounds of gunshots. You knock on the door.

"Come in!" Fred calls. You open the door. "Set the food down here, Heathecliffe, dude." He's sitting on a couch facing away from you.

"Um," You say. "I'm not Heathecliffe."

Fred turns around. "Oh. ___, right?"

You nod. "Right."

"What are you doing here?" He pauses his videogame.

"Why don't you remember me?" You whisper.

"Why would I remember you?"

"You. . . we. . . I'm. . . You're my best friend, Freddie! I was the one who- who- who stayed the night with me every Saturday and watched scary movies with me and took me to my first school dance, even though I knew that the last thing you wanted to do was go." By now, you surely look as bad as you feel. Tears spring out of your eyes.

Fred's eyes widen. He smacks himself in the center of his forehead. "Oh, man! I'm so stupid!" He jumps up and pulls you into a hug. Your face crushes against his chest. "___, I'm so sorry! I knew that you were familiar! I just- just-" He breaks off with a sigh and pulls away. "I tried my hardest to block those memories from my head years ago. I couldn't handle life without you, ___."

"Fred," You say. "That is seriously the most stupid thing I've ever heard."

Fred looks down. "I know."

"Don't forget about me again, Fred."

Fred pulls you close. He lays his cheek on the top of your head. "I won't. I promise." He pats your back and pulls away, keeping only a hold of your hand. "Now. You should get dried off. Then we can make some (coffee/tea/hot chocolate) to warm up. Heathecliffe ordered take out and I've got three horror movies right here. Sticking around?"

You breathe a sigh of relief. You have your best friend back! "Totally."