1

Love's POV

Warning: Mature content ahead

• • •

"Move your ass, Love! You're going to be late. And if you're late again, I won't be able to cover for you." My best friend, Blair said while throwing me my blouse.

I had just returned from Paris last night, and the first thing I did was get drunk with a bunch of strangers. Classic Love.

I was on a modeling contract for a year, which just came to an end. I have to admit, I missed being home and constantly on the move with Blair.

"Geez, B. I'm coming. Pass me the black pumps in the corner."

She always keeps me in line, making sure I have my shit together. It's been like this since we were kids. We met in third grade and we've been inseparable ever since.

Due to me graduating high school at age sixteen, I committed two years of my academics to Brown and another three to Harvard, Blair stayed close to her family and attended NYU, but we still stayed in touch. Visiting, Skyping, and texting.

She's waiting for Mr. Right to come along and deflower her, and I told her chivalry is dead, though I admire the way she sees the light in even the darkest people.

Like me.

"Shit, shit, shit. My alarm never went off." I lied, hoping she would stop criticizing me.

"No need to lie, Love. I saw you on practically everyone's Instagram story getting shitfaced last night. Who gets drunk on a Sunday?" She rolled her eyes while rummaging through my pile of clothes for a skirt. "I missed you like crazy, though." She smiled.

I sent her a sweet smile back. "Maybe if you had a little bit of fun, you wouldn't be such a prude. Zip me up?" I said, trying to pin my dark, wild curls up.

Blair reached for my zipper and laughed. "If I let loose, who would take care of you? Now let's go before Vanessa gets on my ass, too."

We both work at an office, doing basically everything from media coverage to technology to marketing. My specific job is to attend important meetings and approve upcoming software. Blair and I work on two different floors, but have the same boss, Vanessa.

While I was away, I was able to attend online meetings and overlook specs for new technology.

Everyone calls our boss 'Nessie' behind her back because she is the definition of an arrogant boss. She doesn't respect her employees, and the pay is not worth all this damn trouble.

When we arrived, no one even noticed how we got here forty-five minutes late for work. They were all gathered in the ball pin, which was usually reserved for conferences.

Vanessa was in the middle of one of her daily dragging complaints.

"...will be going on a vacation. All this sun exposure in New York is bad for my pores." She said, gently touching her cheeks.

"No, Nessie, it's all the botox fighting back." I snickered under my breath, earning myself a light shove from Blair.

"Oh, Love. Nice to finally have you back from behind a computer screen." She said, almost in a mocking tone.

"This brings me to the main reason why you all are here today. Someone will be buying the building. The entire thing, which gives him free reign to do whatever he'd like to in each and every department." She said, looking at her bright red nails, obviously distracted.