Chapter 10: dallas brook's pov

heyyy hero's! i've had this story done for awhile so i'm gonna just post all the chapters, so you won't be hearing from me until the end! till then hero's!-madhatter007

"ARES" i screamed and her eyes met mine as the helipad fell on her. I saw iron man flying around assessing the damage. "Ares!" i said scrambling on to my feet. "ARES!" i screamed, hoping for an answer. I saw iron man land next to me. "Is there anyone in the damage?" he asked all business. I nodded. "My-my friend ares, she shoved me out of the way as the wall exploded and the helipad fell on her" i said hoping she was still alive. "Frick" i heard him say as he started lifting rubble. I crawled into the little path he made. "Kid get out of there" he said sternly. "No! She's my best friend, im finding her!" i said stubbornly as i saw one her signature pink and black over sized converses. "She's over here!" i shouted as he saw what i saw. He lifted the piece of rock on her and we saw her tiny,broken, knocked out body under it. I grabbed her as he let the rock go. "Please be ok,please be ok,please be ok, please be ok, i don't know what i would do without you" i said tearfully, rocking her broken body in my arms as i stared into her emotionless, scratched face. I rode in the ablunce with her as they took her to the nearest hospital, i held her hand the entire time, it was scratched and bloody but it was her hand. They took her into the nearest room to work on her and left me standing in the hallway. "Dallas?" i heard her dad ask as he entered the hospital. "Thereactorexplodedandthehellipadfellonherandtheytookintoaroomandidon'tknowwhattodo" i said a sobbing mess. "Hey,hey it's ok son,it's ok" he said and gathered me in his strong arms as i sobbed uncontrollably into his chest. Ares is my best friend and i haven't told anyone this yet but the love of my life. I wouldn't be able to live knowing she died saving me. He held me like that for hours until they finally updated us on ares. "She's unstable, we doubt she'll make it though the night" the nurse said calmly explaining the grave condition ares is in. my knees buckled and ares's dad adjusted to hold me up to keep himself from falling. We where each others anchors. I didn't hear the nurse tell us we could see her, and i didn't realize that ares's dad sat me in a chair telling me to stay put. All i could hear was my mind saying "she's not gonna make it, she's not gonna make it, she's not gonna make it" my mind was still saying it when her dad returned. "It's all my fault! It's all my fault! She shoved me out of the way when the reactor exploded and now she's dying!!!" i sobbed when he came back and told me i could see her. "Hey, hey look at me" he yanked my shoulders to look at him "this is not your fault kid,she loves you kid, you are her everything, she looks up to so much you might as well be god! She would give anything for you, she saved you because she cares for you and she would slap you in the face right now and tell you to stop blaming yourself because it was her choice and if it meant you survived she would do it a second time. She's that kind of kid" he chuckled sadly. I nodded and went into her room. I grabbed her hand. "You can't leave us, if not me but your dad, he can't lose you and your mom in the same exact year. I love you ares,i need to say it, i love you, this incident makes me realize, we're not promised tomorrow." i didn't leave her side for a week straight, it was the morning of the sixth day that i decided to sing to her because i know she loved my voice. "🎵im only one call away, i'll be there to save the day, super man's got nothing on me, im only one call away🎵" i stoped because her heart monitor was making a weird noise, it was flatlining!!! "ARES!, nononononono come on come on, don't die please don't die" i was yanked away from her by the doctors as they tried to get her heart to pump. "ARES, DON'T LEAVE ME!!!" i screamed.