Fuck me

"HADLEY!" Sage screamed to get my attention, ultimately waking me from my peaceful slumber.

"Do you want bacon or no-" And finally realizing that I was asleep, and that she woke me up, she stilled. "You're still sleeping?" Abruptly sitting up, I glare at her.

"No, I was having a fucking shower. What does it look like?" Rubbing my eyes, She gapes at me.

"Hadley, it's 4pm." I missed all my lectures. I slept through the whole day of school.

"And?" Shrugging my shoulders, I finally decide to get up. "Did you even check the group chat?" Furrowing my brows, I reach for my phone only to find 104 messages from the group chat. Jesus, fuck.

Skimming over the messages, I ask. "They made plans to go bowling? Aren't they tired from yesterday?" Shrugging her shoulder, she goes out and then a second later comes back out with a steaming cup of coffee.

"We plan on eating at the cute diner that's attached to the bowling place." That's cute.

"We have to leave in half an hour." Fuck. jumping out of bed, I strip out of my clothes until I'm only in my underwear and then remove that as well and jump in the shower.

"OH AND SAGE?" I scream for her. "Yeah?" The water running makes her voice muffled.

"I want bacon." And then, I pick my toothbrush up from the stand, apply some toothpaste and then walk into the shower to do both jobs at the same time.

****

As soon as I came out, the strong smell of bacon and eggs hit my nose. There on top of my vanity was my breakfast. God, I love this woman. Grabbing a piece of bacon, I pop it into my mouth and head to my closet. The lights instantly turn on and I search for an outfit. Choosing the baby blue tank top, with white cotton short and white retro glasses, I finally slip into the outfit and move to my vanity to apply some lip gloss, mascara and eyeliner. Then as soon as I'm done, I start inhaling my breakfast. God, I was starving.

"Hadley, are you ready?" Sage peeps into my room and finally walks in, showcasing her gorgeous, lavender sundress.

"You look adorable." I comment, grabbing my phone and car keys. And as soon as I've grabbed them and turned around, she tackles me in a hug. Shocked, I keep my hands up in surrender before tightly wrapping them around her.

"I love you so much, Hadley. Do you know that?" I pull her back and stare into her eyes. "Are you dying? Do you have a few months left to live? Is that it?" Because there is so other reason I can think of that will make Sage announce her undying love for me.

Playfully rolling her eyes, she punches my arm lightly before picking my plate up from my table and walking towards the door. "I just don't want you to get hurt." Cocking my head to the side subconsciously with a puzzled expression I'm guessing, I wait for Sage to explain herself.

"Your Romeo from last night." And with that, she shuts the door, encompassing me with all my thoughts. Luca won't hurt me. Not anymore... right? And yet my mind can't help but drift off to his cruel words and what he said to me at my doorstep last night,

"We can't tell anybody about this. I don't want them to ruin this for us." And I didn't know if he was actually telling the truth or that he was just embarrassed of me. I just don't get what there is to hide anyways as we literally made out in front of everybody. But nonetheless, I agreed and nodded at him. "Hadley, I want to show you off to the world but every time I get something good for myself, something always goes wrong." And I understood what he meant. I was always scared to go out with Ricardo as there were always people spying on us. They'd eventually find out how much he meant to me and god know what extent they would go to hurt and weaken me. What if they injured Juliette to hurt Ricardo which they knew would hurt me? And what if they specifically targeted Ricardo? I was their target and Ricardo was just a member who sometimes acted as my bodyguard, to them he was just a lousy, little member of our mafia. The mafia was my reason to keep things private. Who knows what Luca's is? Maybe strict parents? Who knows?