Party and Punches

As soon as business ends, Luca and I immediately exit class. He's back to being a dickhead although I have no clue what happened before. Sage and Rico are waiting for us outside class as I make my way over to hug Sage. Rico always leans down and kisses my cheek as a greeting and we're making our way to the exit since it was the last period.

As soon as we get in front of Sage's car, Rico shoves his hands in his pockets and stares at us with mischief.

"There's this party tonight and I was wondering if you two were coming?"

Sage looks at me with hope, lacing her features and I just shrug before muttering 'sure.'

A few excited glees are voiced before we bid each other goodbye and leave.

As soon as we get in the car, Sage squeals.

"Why are you so happy?"

I ask, amused by her.

"Because this is our second party now."

She raises a fist in the air as a sort of celebration and I just sit back and watch her. After a few seconds, she lowers her fist and stares at me before a creepy smile forms on her lips. Bursting out laughing, I took a picture of her.

"Why the fuck do you look like that?"

I ask in between laughs. She turns the phone so she can see what she looked like and then starts choking on a laugh which just makes me laugh harder.

"You look like you would sell your pussy for some loose change."

Wiping tears from her eyes, she looks at me and then starts laughing again.

"I probably would as well."

We both look at each other, imagine what it would look like and then burst out laughing again. Both of our phones vibrate with a message putting a halt to our laughter session. We both picked it up only to notice that it was Rico just texting the details of the party into the group chat.

"Wait- it starts at seven-"

We both flick up gazes up to the time on our phones and I immediately relax. It's only half past four. I look at Sage, expecting her to be as calm as I am but it's quite the opposite. She's sitting there stressing. Turning the windows down while putting her seatbelt on and trying to start the car at the same time.

"Chill, it's only half past four."

She looks at me with a disgusted expression.

"Don't look at me like that just because I told you to chill."

Her expression somehow turns even more twisted.

"No, it's because you said half past four. What the fuck is half past four? It's four thirty."

Now it's my turn to make a disgusted face.

"I'm pretty sure it's half past four."

We have this argument back and forth until Sage finally says that she doesn't give a fuck because now they've wasted so much time. Shrugging my shoulders, I settle back in my seat and wait for her to drive out of the car park. As soon as she's out of the car park, she's going at least 20 above the speed limit. I don't dare say anything since this is revolutionary. Sage going above the speed limit? That is something that I thought I'd never see. She's at least going 5 below the speed limit. I feel like a proud mum.

A drive that is meant to take twenty-five minutes has taken us around fifteen. As soon as she parks into the car park, she looks at me with a crazed expression. Her face says it all. She has never experienced-