The Date

"Can you get the fuck up?"

Sage smashes the pillow on my face as Milo nestles into my neck.

"Let us sleep."

I groan, rubbing my jaw on Milo.

"If you don't get up, I will literally cook Milo for breakfast."

My eyes bulge out of my head as I hold tightly onto him. Poor guy, he doesn't know what crazy fuckers he lives with.

"Ok I'm up."

Mumbling psycho bitch under my breath, I finally drag myself out of bed and brush my teeth. Placing Milo on the counter, I debate whether to give him some of my mouthwash.

...Let me not kill him. Turning the shower on, I fill the sink up with warm water whilst my one heats up. Gently placing Milo in the sink, he quickly gets the gist and floats on the water, quacking happily.

Shutting the glass door behind me, I step into the shower. As the scorching hot water glides over my skin, I feel all the stress from the past week disappear instantly.

****

Stepping out of the shower, I wrap a towel around my body and tuck Milo in my cleavage. Good enough.

"HADLEY HURRY UP. WE'RE GOING TO BE LATE!"

Sage screams from the living room as I enter my closet and thumb through all of the items.

"YEAH, ONE MINUTE!"

I shout back and place Milo on the island in the middle.

Wiggling into the white dress and pairing it with some jewellery, I grab my jacket and Milo and run out.

"That is a sexy ass outfit."

Sage whistles before taking Milo out of my grasp and giving him some eggs

"Sage, darling... you do realise you're probably feeding him his relatives."

Sage looks confused before muttering,

"It's eggs. Chickens and ducks are different. They're not related."

Grabbing my phone off of the counter, I search up if ducks and chickens are related.

Reading it aloud, I emphasise on the part where it says,

"And land fowl, like chicken, are related to ducks."

Quickly snatching the eggs away from Milo, she places some strawberries and raspberries in front of him. Laughing at her, I wipe tears from the corners of my eyes.

"Whatever. We're going to be late, let's go."

She grumbles, getting up from the seat and taking her dishes to the sink.