Betrayal

I wake up to the smell of bacon and apple juice. My mind instantly drifted off to Luca and I last night. I roll over slightly, wanting to feel him, only to find a cold, empty spot. Maybe he's just in the shower. I turn back to see my bathroom door, wide open and the light turned off. So maybe he's the one making breakfast. Jumping out of bed, I try to find my sloths from last night and notice that Luca's are missing. He's probably changed into them so that Sage doesn't see him naked. Jogging to the kitchen, my heart beating wildly, begging to see Luca but I only find Sage there.

"Good morning. Go brush your teeth, I'm making breakfast." She states in a cheery voice, humming softly to herself as she cuts some strawberries and adds them to her fruit bowl. With a frown, I drag myself to my room. Maybe his flight was early in the morning so he had to go earlier than I had expected. Sprinting to my room, I search for my phone as if it's my key to breathe. Exhaling loudly when I see a text from Luca, I immediately swipe up hoping that the face recognition would work but it asks me to type my password. Frustratedly stabbing the password in, I thoroughly read the message through.

Luca: Good morning, love. I needed to leave early as the jet was waiting for me. I hope you didn't panic. I didn't run away from you, slow that heart of yours down. By the time you're seeing this, I've probably landed in Italy already. I didn't feel like leaving when I saw you this morning. I'll text you later.

Grinning at my text, I text him back. Placing my phone down, I skip all the way to my bathroom and can't seem to get rid of the smile on my face.

"Why are you so happy?" Sage asks as she eats her breakfast, her smile widening as well.

"Nothing." I whisper back but the grin present on my face tells her that it's not just nothing. She doesn't push to get the answer out of me either, just shrugs her shoulders and continues speaking with Julian.

Days without the guys seem to drag on. Sage and I had a conversation as to how much fun it was with them. I was so used to hanging out in a big group that I forgot that sometimes we would just sit there on our phones and do nothing. When we were with them, it was so much fun. We were always talking and there was never a moment of silence. Now that Luca and I were getting along as well, there were no arguments except for the playful ones between Hunter and Rico. I had really gotten used to them. Now it just feels empty and cold without them here. Luca hadn't been talking to me much. I just shrugged it off, guessing that he was hanging out with his family and the different time zones. Rico and I kept in touch. I would try to ask him about Luca but he would just change the topic or tell me that he was sleeping. He texted me that they were coming back and I expected a text from Luca as well but nothing. I didn't get anything. I tried to reason with myself and tried to make excuses saying that he was probably trying to surprise me. That gave me hope. Enough hope to not overthink things.

Rico: We're at our apartment. You and Sage should come."

That text came through half an hour ago. I'm parking the car. Sage couldn't come. She was on the phone with Julian as he's sick. She doesn't want to just ditch him so she said she'll meet them later.

Stepping out of the car, I snuggle in my hoodie, excited to run into Luca's arms. To kiss his lips. To relish in the feeling of his hands travelling down my back, cuddling with me. I start skipping and turn the corner to their apartment building. Just then, I see strong arms wrapping around a girl's back as they kiss. So cute. They're so cute. I can't see who it is but they are couple goals. I notice her hands going up to meet the guy's hair, getting tangled in his pitch black hair as the streetlight reflects off of the girl's blonde hair. Walking closer, I notice the guy's arm. I know those tattoos.

Trodding cautiously, I study them even more and my heart drops. Is that Luca?

No, it can't be.