i. epilogue

"MUST BE A DEVIL BETWEEN US"

HEY
pixies

IT WAS 1978 all over again. A group of kids who thought they were stronger than the devil that walked among them, and one particular girl who would change the course of history.

Sheriff Goode and Andrea Fier sat on the hood of the cop's car watching policemen and interviewers enter Grab & Bag. The two stared ahead as a moment of silence passed between them.

"Sorry to pull you, I just wanted to make sure you were okay," the older man smiled at the brunette who sat beside him. She hugged her knees turning.

"I wouldn't necessarily say okay, but I will be," she mumbled. He hesitated to glance at his hands before giving a sympathetic smile.

"What you said at the station, you said that there was no such thing as a curse," she nodded in agreement. "Before, you sounded convinced that you saw Ryan Toress . . . what changed your mind?" She rolled her eyes focusing her attention back on the store. She could still picture Ryan's lifeless face at the hospital.

Sheriff Goode sighed. The brunette beside him reminded him so much of the girl he once knew yet feared. He did everything he could to protect her and wondered if there was any way he could do the same for Andy.

The downside was that she was a Fier.

"Andrea,"

"it's Andy," she snapped back.

"Andy . . . I'm only trying to understand," he added. He glanced at the golden badge which rested on his chest. Unpinning it, he set the badge between the two. She looked at him in confusion.

"I'm not interrogating you right now, I just want to know what happened. I know very well that what happened last night wasn't a burglary. You can talk to me," he sympathetically added. She felt her cheeks burn as she slowly nodded. "I'm asking because you aren't okay and it's my job to know these things". She took a deep breath tucking back her dark hair.

Maybe it was time she opened up.

"Fine . . . the truth. The night of the accident, Sam disturbed some bones. We didn't know it then but it was Sarah Fier's. The day that you picked up Amy and me, I saw one of her henchmen. Turns out he wanted Sam. At the hospital he tried to attack us . . . that's where we saw Ryan Torres. We came to you but . . . anyways we reburied the bones which didn't work".