24•

"Are you sure you're fine?"

"Yes, Hyun, I'm alright"

"Does it hurt anywhere?"

"Nope"

"Hah..." he sighed, "I should have been there to protect you."

"We've been in worse, I promise"

"Still, Hea, don't just go out of Changbin's sight!"

"I had to rescue-"

"Yeah, yeah, you had to rescue the cat, I get it. But don't be reckless, please."

"I'm sorry"

"It's fine. I'm glad Minho helped you out, have you thanked him yet?" He asked. I turned to Minho, who was still sitting close to the fireplace playing with the kitty. He looked cute. 

"I haven't, but I will for sure, don't worry"

"I'll see you tomorrow, then"

"Yup, see ya"

I hung up the phone quietly, not moving my eyes off of him. Looking at him carefuly, I was able to little by little notice details I couldn't before because I was still in shock.

His lip was swollen, with already dry blood on the side. His right eye was slowly turning purple, as it didn't look like that when we were in the car. His knuckles were red, some of them also had blood, and his arm had a cut.

Yet, he was still showing the biggest and most genuine smile I've seen of him, while playing with Soonie. It was as if nothing happened to him and he felt no pain.

I went to the kitchen, Jisung was already preparing water, alcohol, a needle and a thread. The cut on my leg didn't hurt as much as it looked, but it was deep. Fortunately, just like with everything in my life, I was taught to bear with the pain as if it was nothing, so I wasn't even planning on anesthesia or anything alike.

I grabbed bandages and alcohol and made my way back to the living room. I sat beside Minho, took Soonie and gave it to Changbin, Minho blinked a few times at me.

"Please take him to the vet. Make sure they check him properly and give him a warm bath, please."

"Yes ma'am" he bowed as he took the cat in arms and caressed him.

As Changbin left, I turned back to Minho, wetting a bandage with water and holding his arm to carefuly clean his knuckles. I noticed his arm cut wasn't actually a cut but a big scratch that bled a lot, so I felt a bit more relieved.

"What are you doing?" He questioned. I couldn't tell if he was looking at me or at his hand, as for some reason I couldn't look at him, it made me nervous.

"Cleaning"

"Stop"

"No."

"Stop, Hea" He tried pulling his hand.

"I said no." I gripped tighter. "Do as I say"

"You don't have to worry about me, look at your leg. You should treat that immediate-"

"It doesn't hurt"

"Bullshit" he rolled his eyes.

"I swear it doesn't. I was trained for this, pain is the smallest of my priorities" I rubbed carefuly his skin, successfully removing most of the blood out. I grabbed a small ball of cotton with alcohol and cleaned his scratches, he didn't react at all.

"Does it hurt?"

"No.."

"Good."

I proceeded to hold his arm to clean his big scratch. Luckily, it didn't need stitches like mine did.