Chapter 19

Akaashi tried to stay away from Bokuto that entire week. He genuinely tried to leave for good, move to another town, and just forget about his feelings.

But he missed him. God, how he missed him. He wanted to see if he was ok, he wanted to hear him ramble cheerfully about random stuff, to ask him if he'd found a job, to see his beautiful eyes and that warm smile once again.

That night, he couldn't control himself. In his invisible form, he went to Bokuto's house, finding him laying in his garden, watching the cloudy sky with a melancholic expression. He was sure that Bokuto was thinking of how much he wanted to watch the night sky in that town, and could almost feel his frustration since it's been cloudy everyday.

How could this wonderful and happy person love someone like him? How could he possibly deserve him?

He knew he didn't, for a fact. He deserves so much better. Bokuto was the best person he'd known. He only deserves the best.

And still, he was so happy when he told him what he felt for him. Could this be real? Did he actually feel the same way?

Akaashi lay down next to Bokuto, still in his invisible form, just looking at him. He was mesmerised by his eyes, his face, his hair.

He wanted to be with him. He missed their careless talks while playing cards, how they enjoyed reading together, the way Bokuto acted childishly while he relaxed, which was most of the time around him.

But it'd be selfish for him to keep being in Bokuto's life. Especially after all he'd caused.

Akaashi looked at Bokuto one last time before heading to a mountain to watch the same sky as him.

His decision of not seeing Bokuto again became weaker as the days passed. Maybe they could be friends. Maybe he could just put his feelings aside. After all, Bokuto suggested it…

God, how selfish could he be to actually consider his offer?

But he felt he was going crazy. He missed him so much it was like a crushing and constant weight on his mind that left him exhausted.

That day, he just couldn't take it anymore. He had to see him. If Bokuto was ok with them being friends, then he wanted to be there for him.

He got into Bokuto's house, finding him trying to cook. Trying, because he already managed to make a mess and apparently, he just got started.

He chuckled a bit, feeling his nervousness somehow fade at the sight.

He knocked on the door and materialized in the kitchen, watching Bokuto quickly react and look at him, his eyes wide opened in surprise. Their gaze locked, and Akaashi felt overwhelmed by those eyes, so he looked away for a while.

"You know…", Akaashi began to say, walking closer to Bokuto, to then finally look at his eyes again. "That's not how I taught you to do that dish", said smiling a little.

Bokuto just stood there in awe, looking at him. His heart was pounding in his chest from pure happiness.

He was there. All those days, Bokuto thought Akaashi'd finally decided to leave that town. And the thought of never seeing him again broke his heart. So he prayed and wished with all his strength to see him again, to be around him, even if it meant that he'd have to hide his feelings.

It was better than not seeing him again.

Bokuto finally chuckled.

"Would you please teach me again?", he asked shyly, feeling relieved in the man's company.

Akaashi just nodded and smiled, starting to clean the mess Bokuto had on the kitchen's counter and began cooking with him.

Bokuto's welcoming smile removed all that crushing weight Akaashi felt those days. He really was at ease with him. All his worries just faded, as he focused on his kindness and brightness.