Prologue

14 years ago...

While the small boy was reading his book, a knock approached his wooden door. The door creaked open as he turned his body and checked who it was. It was his mother.

"Gulf, sweetie, I wanna ask you something," she smiled faintly, walking over to her son who was clueless. She kneeled in front of him to make it easier for both of them.

"What is it, mom?" The innocent kid asked.

"You know mom and dad are often busy, right?" She started. The kid nodded in response.

"I wanna ask if you're okay with a babysitter taking care of you. Is that okay, sweetie?" She asked calmly with a soothing tone.

"Of course it's okay, mommy. If you're busy, I understand," Gulf replied, giving a reassuring smile to his mother.

"Then.. I'll hire a babysitter to take care of you, okay?" She asked him for confirmation. He nodded immediately, which made her smile.

A few days later..

"Gulf, sweetie, the babysitter is gonna arrive in a few minutes so go downstairs to watch the house for a bit. Oh also, she is bringing her son since he's all alone at their house so you can play with him in the meantime, okay?" She explains hurriedly but somehow, Gulf understood all of it. Gulf quickly exits his room and goes downstairs to say goodbye to his parents before they leave.

He arrives downstairs and finds his father wearing his shoes and fixing his clothes. Gulf rushed over to him and smiled widely.

"Bye bye, daddy! Be careful!" He hugged his father lovingly. He smiles and hugs him back with only his hands since the child's height was only up until his hips.

"Have fun with the babysitter, okay? Don't be mean!" He warned with a smile. Gulf nodded quickly and smiled back.

"Honey, let's go," his mother's voice spoke from behind him as it drew closer along with the loud thumps from her expensive heels each step.

After they finally said goodbye, his parents left, leaving the 4 year old all alone. He decided to just sit in the living room while waiting for the babysitter. After 10 quiet minutes, there was then knocks on the front door. Gulf's gaze fixed on the door as he stood up to open it. He slowly opens it as a woman that was probably in her late 20s along with a small blonde boy appeared in front of him.

"Are you Gulf Kanawut?" She kindly asked.

"Yes, are you the babysitter?" Gulf responded, asking a question in return.

"Yes. My name is Alexa Suppasit and this is my son, Mew" she holds her son as Gulf observes the boy. He was pretty sure Mew was the same age as him.

"Nice to meet you, please come in," Gulf gently opens the door as they enter the mansion.

While Alexa was cooking lunch, Mew goes up to Gulf.

Gulf looks up at him in confusion.

"I'm Mew, nice to meet you!" Mew smiled widely, taking out his right hand.

"I'm Gulf, same here," Gulf shook his hand and smiled softly.

Since then, the two boys became close and were inseparable.

6 years later..

It was Mew's 10th birthday and it was the day his mother along with Gulf's were flying back from France. A while after Alexa became Gulf's babysitter, his parents decided to hire her to a higher position, such as their assistant. Since then, she followed them everywhere they went while the two boys were left home alone, taking care of each other. Today, Gulf's parents and Mew's mother planned to surprise the little boy for his birthday, but then... he suddenly got woken up by Gulf.