"What happened afterwards?"

"Half a year later the Palace invited the expedition team to visit the Palace. The agency readily agreed and sent the four of us. It was a very pleasant experience. The very man who'd joined us on the expedition showed us around the Palace. But only after lurking around every corner of the Palace did they realise that the young man was none other than the Only Prince of the Palace... Prince Wang Jian Hao... It was a shock for us but nothing changes in particular until he introduced someone to us.. "

"Introduced? Who?"

"His Fiancée... His wife to be and the First Queen of the Vampire Empire after he inherits the throne. But the thing that struck thunder among us wasn't related to the future Queen of the Palace. It was the Royal Quest and the person the Prince adored with all his heart... It was that girl... Lilly and Xiao Yang recognised her instantly and it would be a lie to say that they weren't affected in the least.... Nevertheless there was no further encounter between them for the rest of the time we spent there... But something had changed... A terrible change... When we returned Xiao Yang wasn't the same.. They weren't the same. Even before they weren't all over each other since the marriage was nothing but a contract... At least for Xiao Yang... Lilly worshipped their relationship yet couldn't get anything from it"

Hae In stopped momentarily seeing Xiao Zhan's condition. Boy looked like he was going to start hyperventilating any moment now. As he stopped, Xiao Zhan looked up as if urging him to continue.

"Xiao Yang's visits to the other side increased, he would often visit even when not asked or needed and of Lilly couldn't bear to see the world she'd created falling apart... I think one of her prayers brought the havoc on both the humans and vampires. A war broke out between the two races because the humans were allegedly accused of being the cause of the plague that was wiping out the vampires at a rapid pace. The agency was accused of causing the outbreak of the plague... Two years into the cold War and humans also started showing symptoms of getting effected by that very plague. The effects were completely different... Whatever it was it killed the vampires slowly and gave them a painful death whereas if a human was infected he'd die within a day or two. A quick death yet painful. Xiao Yang and Lilly started working together to find a cure or something to help both sides. The humans to develop the symptoms the fastest were the special bloods... Wiping out bloodlines after bloodlines... This made the drift worse since the special bloodlines were a connection between the vampires and humans."

Min Hae In sucked in a breath because of the churning feeling rising in him.

"7 years... 7 years went down and the relationship between the two races came to a cold end where neither of them tried reconciliation or even open opposition. That year was actually one of the most peaceful of all... Lilly got pregnant with you... It was the most beautiful time of her life... Xiao Yang at first was very reluctant to accept that they were going to have a string in the name of a child that will bind them together... But eventually gave in because of how happy Lilly was. She was going to have the complete family she wanted and she wished for the longest."

"S-so... You... You are telling me I might as well been a mistake?"

Zhan chuckled dryly as his identity was being ripped away from him rather harshly. This was so hilarious yet so humourless that he couldn't help but laugh at it since crying was not the option....yet.

"Zhan no matter what they both loved you"

"Oh yeah?... I'm not so sure about that any more.... Let's listen to it more so I can actually find out if they really loved me or not even though it doesn't matter at this point..."