Chapter 18

We finally made it to Mum's...i was aching but lucky Noodz packed me with extra feminine supplies.

Stepping out I gave her a big hug. It was so nice to see her again. And then there was Bill or whatever his name was. Steve maybe? I didn't care.

"Who's your li'le friend there love?"

She was referring to Cy of course. She seemed so polite infront of everyone. Even Cy, though she kept giving her usual "if you touch me, so help me." Look on her face. They've met before but of course we had to keep it a secret. I'm just glad mum stuck to her part of the deal when I asked her to through text.

"Ehhh...this is Cy. She's...ehhhh..."
I felt my face get warm. I couldn't tell them she was my girlfriend. Or a robot they'd loose there minds and be all over her and never leave her alone. Mum especially. As for the weird bloke...he was two busy digging for ear wax. Mingin' bastard.

"I'm Noodle's younger sibling. A pleasure to meet you both."
I watched as Cy bowed. Mum seemed...surprised and a bit puzzled. Of course she would be.

"She can stay for a bit right? Because she's not involved in any band stuff..."

Mum looked at her. Then looked at me, then at her Boyfriend and nods with a smile on her face. Although something about that smile felt...off. A bit nervous but it was probably because Cy.

"Well then girls."
2D spoke up, placing his hand on my shoulder. He was going to put his hand on Cy but she moved away. Again. Not wanting to be touched.
"I fhink it's time we leave. Cy. Sia. 'f anehbodeh gives yew aneh trouble ye'h ring us and we'll get you in a tick."

"Trouble?"
Paula snorted.
"The only trouble here is the ones they'll be causin' which I intend they do if they wanna have fun. I'll be causing just as much ruckus."

I wasn't sure if that was a relationship joke or if she really meant go out and have fun but for ether i let out a nervous chuckle.

After they left everyone headed into the apartment.

"Right then. Cy, was it?"
Mum began. Giving in a deep breath. She seemed anxious about Cy being around but that's good on me I guess. At least somebody's intimidated.
"Welcome to our tiny home. It's not much but I hope you enjoy. Erm. Can I make you some tea?"

I look over at Cy giving her a soft smile as I grabbed her hand softly, watching her flinch and pull away made my smile fade. What was with her today? Was she still upset?

"She was brought up here?"

"Sia? Mhmm! All sixteen years."
She smiled happily at Cy. I crossed my arms at her and huffed. What a freakin' lie.

"Minus the time I stayed at the Children's home for two years...The band for... 3...12, 13....15...Four years and that one year with that other family. So..."
I counted on my fingers doing the maths.
"Nine years more like."

"Eh...well. I tried my best Sia love."
Mum gave a nervous smile, doing that mum thing where she puts her hands together and up to her chin. I swear every mum does that.

"Not well eno-"

"Why don't you go show your friend your room while I put the kettle on? Alright?"
She interrupted with a bit of an unhappy look on her face. As if she had something to be unhappy about. What? Was she upset that I called her out? Tough luck bird. Its the truth.
She never did anything for me bringing me up. Feed me but that was it.

Taking Cy to my room I shut the door behind me.

"So...here it is..."
I stated. A bit awkward. Cy was being weirder than her usual self. I wasn't sure if it was an error or if I actually upset her but I felt bad.
I watched as she looked around.