The knowing look Rhett was giving me along with a hint of amusement behind his eyes made the embarrassment I felt multiplied manifold.

After that, I couldn't sleep as I kept staring at my ceiling replaying the kiss in my head, while the thoughts in my head kept questioning what it meant and where this left the both of us.

I knew I needed to tell Rhett about my feelings because they were making me antsy, and after the kiss they just intensified so much that keeping them hidden was becoming increasingly painful.

I finally made my way inside the kitchen, deciding not to dwell on it for the time being.

Thankfully no one was inside, so I walked around in search of food since I was starving. And after finding a plate full of food, I sat down on the chair proceeding to feed my stomach.

"Slow down dear or you might choke—" I looked up to see the three ladies making their way towards me while shaking their heads in amusement.

"Ugh you guys are everywhere—" I said, with my mouth full of food, making them give me a displeased look.

"Princess, after you finish eating, take a quick shower because we have people coming over in half an hour to help us get ready for the evening." Grandma informed me, causing me to nod my head now remembering that tonight was the Mafia ball.

"So, what happened last night, don't worry, all the boys are out. Now speak and only the truth." Aunty Rosa said, causing me to sigh as I nodded my head causing them to grin in triumphant.

"I had sex—" I said nonchalantly, obviously lying as I continued eating my food taking in the shocked expressions of my aunties and grandma.

They continued to stare at me in shock, as by now I had finished eating.

I got up and out of my chair to put my plate in the sink and walked back to my room, leaving the three ladies still staring in the distance.

💋 R   E   S   I   L   I   E   N   C   E 💋

The next 4 hours went by with the hairdressers and makeup artists swamping us as they worked on each of us to get us all dolled up for the party.

We four ladies patiently sat back and let them work their magic, and I almost fell asleep from all the sitting.

But it was all worth the final look and by 7:00 p.m., we were all ready to go.

I looked at my aunts and grandmother, who looked exceptionally gorgeous in their evening dresses.

I myself looked stunning, because the dress was amazing and the work those professional makeup artists and hairdressers did was incredible.

When I took my dress out of the cover, I couldn't take my eyes off it and just as quickly I put it on, before dialling Valeri's number.

I kept thanking her for this exquisite dress while she made me put her on facetime, so she could see the final look.

Before calling Valeri, I told the three ladies about the kiss I shared with Rhett last night, after a lot of persistence from their end, of course.

And that revelation elicited a loud shriek from three of them as they gushed about Rhett and I, already deciding the names for our children, leaving me to look at them in disbelief while my cheeks turned red in embarrassment.

These ladies are insane—

Anyway, my dress is really pretty, and I can't stop myself from twirling around every other second because I'm literally and utterly obsessed with it.