29| I'm not your Business Partner

ARABELLA'S POV

"WILL SOMEONE PLEASE TELL US WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED?" Mason yelled, his gaze falling on Max and me.

Max made eye contact with me as if asking me whether I wanted to tell them or not, and I hurriedly shook my head 'no'. He nodded his head and smiled reassuringly.

I mean even if it's not embarrassing, I didn't want people who were practically strangers to me to know I got periods.

"None of your business." Max said to Mason with a smirk on his face and the latter's face flushed crimson red.

Oh this is going to be fun.

"NONE OF MY BUSINESS? NONE OF MY BUSINESS??!!! IT BECAME MY FUCKING BUSINESS WHEN I SAW MY SISTER CRY. TELL US WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED?" Mason yelled glaring at Max.

In fact all my brothers and cousins were glaring at Max except Alexander and two of my cousins, they looked around Alexander's age.

"Dad I'm sorry, I didn't mean to start an argument." I said to dad softly, feeling extremely guilty.

"No princess, this isn't our fault. Will you, however, tell me whatt happened?" He asked gravely, his brows furrowed together.

"Umm I got my period-d-s, Max will tell you everything. But please don't tell them. It's embarrassing." I sort of whispered to dad shyly.

He looked at me and nodded his head in understanding.

"There's nothing to be embarrassed about, princess. But I won't tell them. Don't worry, okay?" He asked and I nodded my head.

The argument between my brothers was escalating in the background, my cousins yelling in Italian.

I felt terrible for putting Max in this situation but he looked totally unbothered.

Right away a lady came forward, probably in her sixties and instantly embraced me in a hug.

I would have pushed her away or probably stiffened as a result of the unexpected contact, but surprisingly, I didn't.

Her embrace was so warm and motherly that I didn't want to leave. At that moment all my fears vanished as I felt the warmth of her loving embrace.

An unintentional tear rolled down my eye because I had never been embraced in such a motherly hug before.

I didn't want to leave from the safety and warmth that her arms provided me and just as she was about to pull back but my grip immediately got tighter.

"Please, just a little bit longer." I whispered slowly.

And she instantly wrapped her arms around me again, holding me in her arms and kissing my forehead. We finally pulled away and we both had tears in our eyes.

"Principessa, I'm your grandmother, Amalia king. I'm so glad to finally meet you, my baby." She said softly, a smile not leaving her face and I returned her smile.

"Aren't you a little young to be my grandmother?" I asked to which she laughed softly.

"Don't hoard her away all to yourself, let us meet her as well, mom." Another lady said as she smiled at me.