25| Faster Faster Faster

ARABELLA'S POV

"I'm Aaron Marino." He said, as he extended his hand to me, with a smile on his face

And, without hesitation, I extended my own hand to shake his, surprising myself with how quickly I went on with initiating a physical touch.

"I'm Arabella King." I replied with a smile of my own, which gradually turned down as I saw the one on his lips readily fade, which had now turned into a confused pout, as he stood there frowning.

"Are you by chance related to Noah, Mason and Kyson King?" He asked, his eyes widened and looked a bit tense.

My brows furrowed in confusion, but I still nodded my head.

"They are my brothers." I replied, as I became more aware of how Aaron's entire playful demeanour changed into seriousness.

"I had no idea they had a sister." He muttered under his breath, but it was just audible for me to hear.

Yeah they weren't aware of me either.

"Are you and my brothers enemies, or what?" I asked bluntly.

"No, they're my seniors, they had no idea about me I believe, but they're quite popular and definitely not to be messed with." He replied vaguely, causing me to narrow my eyes.

"And?" I asked since I had a feeling that there was more to it than that.

"They are really just..dangerous." He said, causing an unintentional scoff to escape my mouth.

"Dangerous? Are you sure you're talking about those three, I mean I could've believed if you said Alexander or Matthew, even Elijah but those three really?" I asked in disbelief, yes Mason can be a bit rude but Kyson and Noah are so nice, there's no way the three of my brothers could be dangerous.

Right...?

"Umm..nevermind, so where did you want me to take you?" He asked a little too quickly, while giving me a small smile.

But it was a little hesitant, as if he was being sceptical and vigilant.

Does he really not like them?

"My brothers may come off as distant or rude, but they are nice people, so I don't need you to direct me anywhere, I can figure it out on my own. I don't need people passing judgement on my brothers." I said defensively, as I crossed my arms in front of my chest, as Aaron's eyes got wide in shock.

Probably didn't expect any argument

My mood had significantly dipped as I began to feel a little irritated, my heart wasn't having anyone talking shit about my brothers, even if I've only recently come into their lives.

I didn't want to fight or aggravate the situation, but I simply wanted him to stop slandering my brothers.

Nobody but only I can insult them

After defending my brothers, I turned around to leave, not caring about how much my heart and stomach were jittery in this guy's presence.

Even my hands were clammy with all the nervousness.

I took a couple steps forward to I'm not sure where, when I felt Aaron's presence walking next to me, matching my quick pace.

I felt his gaze on the side of my face, which made my heartbeat race again, but I ignored it and continued walking.

"That's the way to the boy's restroom." Aaron said, a hint of chuckle under the deep tone of his voice.

I quickly turned around, my eyes narrowing at him.