60| I like you

ARABELLA'S POV

ARABELLA'S POV

I sat cross legged in the middle of my bed as the skirt of my dress rose up lifting up to my thighs.

My hair flows down my shoulders in loose ringlets of curls, and two bobby pins secure a braided section of my hair from the front to the back, on either side of my face.

The mascara was emphasising my eyelashes making them look longer, my lips were tainted in a light pink lip gloss, while my cheekbones were covered in a light shade of blush.

My heels were strapped around my ankles because I didn't even bother to take them off before plopping down on my bed, as I munched on my second chocolate bar.

I can't think straight

I need ice cream

My eyes were fixed on my phone, waiting for a call or possibly a message. I had been staring at my phone anxiously, opening the messages every other second during the entire day, since Rhett left me at the rooftop.

After Lucca and Elena interrupted us, which I'm sort of glad that they did because I was seconds away from dozing off on Rhett's shoulder because of how comfortable I was feeling from the security and comfort of silence that surrounded us.

And the moment Lucca opened his mouth, I wanted nothing more than to slap him across the face as I stood behind Rhett, wide-eyed, gawking at Lucca and Elena.

But before any of us could say anything, Rhett's phone began ringing, and he almost instantly brought it to his ear as soon as he saw the caller ID.

He didn't really say much in the call but the moment he put his phone down, he gave me a look— the look of panic and dread as he didn't spare a second before running away, leaving us three people looking dumbfounded at each other.

When we snapped out of the trance we ran after him but there wasn't any sign of him anywhere.

We searched all over the school, but we couldn't find him. My other friends also joined us, despite the fact that they had no idea what we were looking for.

Ever since then I've been waiting for any sort of contact from him, I'm hoping that he'd contact me, just so I know he's fine.

The look of absolute terror on his face, after that call scared me.

I'm still worried but somewhere deep down I know that there won't be a ping that would come from my phone, which would be from Rhett.

Because he's a prick

Stubborn prick–

So, after that, I decided to tell my friends about Rhett and my feelings for both him and Aaron but I sort of— kind of chickened out. I didn't want to tell them something, I'm not even sure about myself.