65| Betrayal and His truth

ARABELLA'S POV

ARABELLA'S POV

"Get the fuck out of my house—"

I immediately sprang on to my feet in confusion as I looked towards Dad, who was dragging Rhett down the stairs by his collar.

The latter looked guilty of something while Dad had very furious expressions on his face.

Alexander and Dante, along with my uncles and grandfather, were descending the stairs behind Dad and Rhett, all of them looked just as furious as Dad.

"What is going on?" Grandma asked worriedly, when Dad came to halt, pushing Rhett in front of us as he harshly glared at him.

"Take the kid inside—" Dad ordered Enzo who was holding a sleeping Bryn in his arms, he immediately picked Bryn and left the room towards the infirmary.

"Now tell her what you fucking told me." Dad gritted his teeth at Rhett looking back and forth between him and I.

Rhett didn't look at anybody as he stood there looking down in shame, avoiding eye contact with anyone.

"I'm sorry—" the only thing that came out of Rhett's mouth as his voice sounded glum.

"What happened Dad?" I questioned fearfully, not taking my gaze away from Rhett, whose shoulders had slumped down in remorse.

"He had been working for the people who are after you and our family, he had also been given a contract to bring you to them, and I brought him right in my fucking house." Dad lashed out as he clenched his fist, trying to hold himself from killing Rhett.

This caused my eyes to widen and almost instantly my brothers charged towards Rhett only to be stopped by Dad. Angry threats were hurled at Rhett, who stood there taking everything without uttering a single word.

"Is this true—" I asked Rhett, my eyes wide, as I almost choked on my breath which was getting a bit heavier.

The feeling of betrayal burned inside my heart as it found their release through my tears that rolled down my eyes.

It made me feel like I was violated.

And the mort pitiful thing about it was that I never thought something like this would have ever come from Rhett.

The whole room fell into complete silence as I looked at Rhett, wanting him to deny the accusations levelled against him.

But I got my answer when his eyes casted down in shame.

A gasp left my mouth as my hand came up to cover it. I was looking at Rhett as I crumbled back down on my seat feeling stupid for trusting him.

My heart felt a painful ache, as if my hope was shattering, feeling deceived from a person that unintentionally made me guilty of a stupid kiss.