72| I made out with Rhett

ARABELLA's POV

ARABELLA's POV

After arriving in Italy last night, we all went straight to Grandpa's house.

I was so exhausted that as soon as I stepped out of the car and into the house, I plopped down on the couch next to Alexander and rested my head on his shoulder, falling asleep right away.

Then the next thing I knew, I was woken up in the middle of the night by a gentle shaking as I came into contact with Rhett's gorgeous brown eyes, which were staring down at me.

"I'm sorry for barging right in, but I tried knocking and you didn't answer, so I came in uninvited." He said guiltily, rubbing the back of his neck with his hands.

I turned to look at the clock on my bedside table and saw that it was 2:00 in the morning, which prompted a blank expression to appear on my face, and I turned my back to him going back to sleep, which earned me a small amused chortle.

"Good morning, it's time to wakey wakey" He whispered jokingly in the same way he woke Bryn up.

I turned back to narrow my eyes at him causing him to raise his hands in mock surrender.

"It's two a.m. Rhett, my sleep is lonely and calling me, I have to go." I said as I drew my blanket up to cover my head and tried to go back to sleep again.

"I wanted to talk to you, spend some time together, if that's okay—" He asked softly, with a hint of hesitation in his voice.

This automatically caused all the sleepiness in my eyes to vanish and I brought my face out of the blanket to stare back at him.

"Sure, umm.... of course, Rhett." I said softly while sitting up and leaning back against the bed, staring at the lost expressions on his face as he took a seat in front of me.

"I'm really sorry for waking you up, but I couldn't sleep without talking to you, I kind of got used to our daily routine. So, I was thinking maybe we could talk, I guess, and I saw an ice cream shop on our way here, so I got you some, we could go eat if you're in the mood for some ice cream, and then go to the roof." He said looking down at his fiddling fingers as my heart raced, feeling delighted knowing that he wanted to talk and spend time with me.

Aww I could never possibly say no to him,

Also how could I ever say no to ice cream—

Since the first day of him staying with us, we'd both end up at the roof late at night to talk. The guards would still be around, but I had Lucca and Kyson speak with them to make sure that they wouldn't tell anyone.

It took a lot of pleading, but they agreed as long as I promised not to stay up too late and definitely not do anything I shouldn't.

Rhett and I would sometimes just sit in comfortable silence and stare into the distance, where each other's presence was all that was required, and other times we wouldn't stop talking about anything and everything.