53| Why are they mad?

ARABELLA's POV

ARABELLA's POV

"Why is she not waking up? You said she should have been awake by now." I heard a voice.

"She will, the sedative they gave her was pretty strong. She's in a deep slumber but she's fine, now will you stop breathing over my fucking neck?" Someone said with a sigh.

"Fuck you." The same voice from before said.

"That is enough Mason, get out– I'll call you when she wakes up." A different voice said.

"No I'm not going." He said as I felt the gentle hold on my hand getting tighter.

I tried to open my eyes as I squeezed the hand that was holding mine, and the surroundings got quiet almost instantly.

"Hey Arabella, it's Max, try to slowly open your eyes." A voice said, which sounded close to my ear and I did as I was instructed.

Slowly fluttering my eyes, I tried to open them— my eyebrows were knitted together pressuring my eyelids to stay closed, it felt like, somehow, they had been glued shut.

Once I finally opened my eyes, I looked around the now-darkened room in confusion, as I tried to recall what had happened.

I took in my family who were scattered around in my room, looking as worried as ever.

Max was standing right next to me patiently, waiting for me to get adjusted to the dim lightning.

The grip I felt on my hand was yanked away as I turned to look at now angry Mason.

He stood up and moved away from me, as he glared at me with his arms crossed in front of him.

What's his problem?

Oh I know...

Once a prick, always a Mason...!!

To think about it, nearly half of my brothers were looking at me as if they were mad at something I did. Silvio opened the curtains allowing the sunlight to seep into my room.

"How are you feeling?" Max asked, as he made me look at him and raised my right eyebrow to widen my eye as he flashed a light to check it and then repeated the process with my other eye.

"Confused." I replied, causing Max to sigh along with a couple of huffs from around the room as I looked at my angry looking brothers.

Why are they mad?

"Does anything hurt?" He asked in a doctorly voice, I couldn't find the usual warmth in his voice that he uses every time he talks to me.

"Not really, I don't feel anything other than a slight ache in my head." I responded while staring at him, trying to figure out why he has such a cold exterior.

"It's got to be anaesthesia." I overheard him mumbling.

"Why'd you give me anaesthesia?" I asked, looking at him with furrowed eyebrows.