Chapter 9

a new day began, today was quite a stressful day, I had to do a lot of reading and practicing for the upcoming exams with the other residents, Meredith had offered me to come by and practice with them which will be fun I believe and I can get to know them too

I step into the hospital meeting mark on the way in he starts talking and I can clearly see something bugging him.

'yn, I spoke with carina, and she told me to tell you that your parents are coming to town this week and you need to answer carinas call when she cals you because you're gonna have to pick them up from the airport' he says

'thank you mark, I'd see if I can find her before rounds' I say pacing a bit faster through the hall

i see carina on top of the stairs with Arizona talking, I take the stairs and goes towards the two.

'ahhh yn, did you talk to mark yet?' carina speaks as Arizona stands on the side

'yeah and it's not happening, this week is already too stressful for me, I'm not gonna have to deal with them also, I'm sorry but you and Andrew can figure something out for the two of you' I nervously state, not that I don't love my parents but they're really not what I need right now, and Andrew and carina have no idea what I had to go through when they left me.

'yn, why so mean, you are coming to dinner with them and picking them up, end of discussion!' carina yells

'no I'm not, I didn't agree to this, and keep me out of it!!' I yell even louder, anger was boiling inside of me, I didn't mean to yell so loud at carina.

'yn, I'm gonna call dad and you're gonna regret everything!!' she yells the loudest and that's when I look down and everybody in the hospital is looking, this was so stupid, I rush down the stairs, with tears falling down my face.

i rush past Richard, mark, Bailey and Derek who were all in disbelief, no matter how many times my name was called I rushed out of the hospital sitting on a bench in pouring rain.

as I sat I suddenly hear foot steps, it's Richard, he sat down right next to me with an arm around me as I lay my head on his shoulder.

'yn, no matter how hard life gets, always know you're not alone I will always be there we don't always have to talk we can sit in silent, and you know Adele loves you, you're always welcome if everthing gets too much' he opens up, I've always seen Richard as an extra dad in my life, and Adele have always watched out for me as well, which ii'm more than grateful for.

'thank you Richard it means everything to me' I thank him, no matter how much I thank him I feel like it's never enough.

'a whole other topic, are you ready for the exams coming up in two days' he asks me, possibly making sure I don't fail.

'what! two days, it's that soon, I completely forgot, I've been so stressed, but I'm going home to Meredith today and study with the rest' I vastly replies

'yn you're a clever girl, do your best and you'd be just fine' he tells me, he then told me I was allowed to go home and rest since he could see I was under a lot of pressure.