Chapter 3

'So Y/n while we wait tell me a little about yourself' added Derek as we stood outside

I looked down not able to say anything at first, cause I wasn't sure if I could fill him in on everything but I could try.

'Is there anything specific you wanna hear about?' I replied with a little smile that quickly faded.

'what was your childhood like?' he reported with a reassuring smile to tell me I was free to open up, just as if we've known each other for years.

the exact topic I didn't want to talk about he of course brings up.

'well......Carina and Andrew are older than me so they were only home sometimes, what they don't know....is that I was abused throughout my childhood, i'm fine now though i'm just you know a bit down over the fact that I never fully got to be a happy child like them, and that it took so hard on me'. I'm stupid, I shouldn't have said anything, I completely forgot Carina and Andrew were probably friends with him.

I tried hiding the panic, I of course had to say everything was fine now...I didn't want to worry him, or tell on me to anyone, I have abseloutely no idea why I had this feeling he could keep it a secret, I just felt so safe in the moment.

'Omg I'm so sorry....you really don't have to tell me anymore. I understand if you're not comfortable talking about it with someone you barely know and just met' he responded with empathy in his eyes which I knew too well, cause everyone i've ever met has given me the exact look.

'No need to apologize, I feel like I can trust you, and I've never had anyone to talk to so it actually feels great and relieving, people always say sorry about that and then leave it there, as long as you don't tell Andrew or Carina'

Before I could say anything the ambulance arrived and I quickly looked at Derek

'Ambulance lady: Two kids both broke some of their scull, has caused some internal bleeding, they were in a car accident and some small injuries in the legs'

'Y/n you take the boy I take the girl, get him into an OR, you will scrub in on the surgery, we will do a double surgery' he ordered while hurrying everything, because this was no joke.

'wait, I have to do a solo surgery?!' I shouted, I can't I really don't know how to, also I just started, i'm nowhere near ready.

'I will guide you don't worry, also you seem like you're ready and mature enough, I can feel you're gonna do great just trust me' he acknowledged, which made me smile so wide.

Time went by and we did the surgery.

'you have a huge talent, but unfortunately letting you in on the surgery so early in your residency year will not continue or else I will be loosing my job' he remarked, and I totally understood.

'it's all good, and totally understandable' giving him a look telling him there's no hard feeling at all.

'hope to see you again tomorrow y/n' he smirked, did he really just use my first name, was I that lucky, I mean he's handsome but way out of my leaugue.

we both walked away smiling.