Chapter 4

Derek's pov:

'Hey Burke, can I talk to you for a moment?' I asked, I really had to tell someone about how I felt towards y/n, I don't know what to do and if it's even something

'yeah sure, what's up Shepherd?' Burke remarked wanting him to speak up.

'Let's go somewhere private, cause what I'm about to tell, is like really private, and no one can hear it' I didn't need everybody to know my feelings right now.

'okay, but you're kinda scaring me Shepherd.....' Burke stated as they stood in an empty room.

'Okay the deal is, I may be starting to get feelings for Y/n the new junior resident.....Before you say anything....yeah I know it's bad but she's just so wonderful..' I whispered not wanting someone to accidentally hear us.

'Didn't you hear what Richard said? no dating on hospital ground, not nurses, and not doctors...also Shepherd you got a wife if you've forgotten, you can't like her, it's not fair towards Addison, although she's not in Seattle it's still wrong i'm telling you' Burke snapped at me.

'Oh so that's so, as if I don't know about you and Dr. Yang, yeah I'm totally aware that I have a wife trust me, but right now it's complicated between the two of us, she's dating other people as well I can guarantee' I stated

"what's gonna make you any better if you date that junior resident she's a baby compared to us, she just started, she's been here what, one day? you need to be sure you like her, you could ruin a lot by taking chances, I'm warning you Shepherd. Also me and Dr. Yang have nothing going on, don't even try" he states wanting nothing to be heard from me.

of course he doesn't get it, I think I need to think it more through, he's right, it could ruin a lot...but she's so perfect, how could I not like her?

I've got night shift tonight, I wonder who else will be here, the hospital almost looks abandon, all the patients must be sleeping, I wander around a bit before spotting a shadow walking, I hear two voices on top of the hospital bridge.

'hahahahah no really I have to check on some patients now, or else Derek will get mad' Y/n states to an unknown person.

'better get going then, we can't have Derek go all crazy can we?' IT'S MARK, he's the one talking with my y/n, I mean just y/n, I harshly push the door walking in.

'what the hell bro' Mark shared

'don't bro me, and don't you dare lay a hand on her, you already took Addison, you're not gonna ruin my life anymore' and with that I hit him so hard across the face and could hear y/n gasp loudly

I look down and there stands the chief, Bailey, and all the new residents, no way, why does this happen right now, nobody was here a minute ago, I see y/n split the two of us, I wish I could read her thoughts.

'Derek meet me at my office and y/n go help Mark clean his face up' the chief angrily warned.

they go right and I go left, I get to the office with Richard and the silence is louder than ever.

'what the hell happened Shepherd, we can't have you hitting people, just because they talk to colleges are you out of your mind?!' Richard shouts

'don't you think I know that, I have a pretty bad past with that guy, and y/n is not gonna be safe with him trust me' I reasoned 

'trust you? what can he've possibly done to you that makes you hit him in front of half the hopsital?' Richard asks

'first of all, he's the guy that Addison cheated on me with, and second he's probably going to sleep with half the hopsital by the end of the week, he can't go 24 hours without sex' I recall

'I get it Derek you're mad, but it shouldn't get the new residents involved, y/n has been through a lot, don't you dare drag her into drama' he threatens 

'I promise, I won't ever do anything like it again' I apologize.