Chapter 7

I knocked on the door to Richard's office, I hear him calling me in, as I walk in he stands up, clearly seeing that the state I was in wasn't good, he hugged me, he was like the dad I never had, I told him everything, he got me like no other, I'm not used to this kind of affection, but it was nice to get it from somebody at least.

as I got home and the sky outside soon turned dark, I got ready for bed, but before I went to bed I heard a knock on my front door, I quickly got into some pyjamas and opened the door, it was Mark.

'hey mark?' what was he doing at my house? I was so confused but opened the door wider to reassure him that he could walk in.

he walks in and turns around 'yn, I need to tell you something it's about Derek, can we sit down' he tells and asks.

I head over to the sofa, where I wrap a blanket around me and mark sits right next to me, I could feel myself get more nervous.

I couldn't keep it in anymore, what had happened to Derek, was he hurt? or even worse? 

'yn, you know the red headed woman you saw, Dereks wife right?' he asks

'yeah why? is something wrong?' I nervously asks, I could feel myself starting to sweat a bit, what if something really bad had happened.

'well I'm telling you this because were friends, but don't get involved, not in Derek, nor in his marriage, I've been there I know what I'm talking about' he states, I could sense him being nervous as well

'but why would I get involved? not like I care about them, nor Derek' I say, yeah Derek was sweet and yes he made me feel something but he was MARRIED, can't get with a guys who already is taken, I'm not that kind of person

'I know between us that Derek likes you, and I don't think his marriage is going to stop him. his wife is here to sort things out with him because things in New York went a little crazy before me and Derek got here' marks continues telling, what could possibly have been done in New York, that was this bad.

'alright, I hear you and just so you know I don't like Derek, only as friends anyways' I told mark, yes every time I looked at Derek I felt something but I can't be that girl who gets with a married guy, I will be called out for it for lifetime.

'promise me you mean that yn, I don't want you to get in any trouble, not with Derek or Addison, its so complicated' he told me, I stood up and grabbed to glasses and a wine, I sat down again and poured something in both the glasses and handed mark one.

an hour or 2 later, we've drank enough and mark stood up getting ready to go but as we get to the door, I ask him to stay, only because I was nervous what might happen if he drove drunk home.

I get the sofa ready for him and we say our goodnights and I walk upstairs to my bed.