Chapter 6

Yn pov:

I meet up with Mark, not only is he a good friend but he also listens unlike some people, I sat down on a couch near the cafeteria and Mark besides me, 'what I'm telling you, is something you have to promise me to keep to yourself' I state wanting him to understand and not tell.

'I promise, who do you think I am?' he replies.

'so I'm not sure but I think Derek likes me, or well, likeD, he called me yesterday morning to help out, and after we finished with the patient he went stone cold and asked me not to talk to him, have you talked to him since the incident?'

'no not really, but what I do know is that the red headed women you saw is Derek's wife' he told me, I was in disbelieve, why was he giving me all these hints, and never told me he had a wife, I'm totally screwed.

was I catching feelings for a man, that was already married? I can't, it's wrong in so many ways

'oh, I wasn't aware, he never mentioned her' I said as I was trying to give some hints for Mark to tell me more, he definitely knew more, I mean Derek and Mark were best friends right?

'yeah, well before Derek came to Seattle they had a really big fight that possibly ruined a lot of things, I was sadly involved, I mean I'm not proud of it' as he explained I couldn't help to feel bad for him, I could see he regretted it.

'thank you for the talk, I really appreciate that you wanna listen to me' I acknowledged, I felt like Mark could be a really good friend for me perhaps also we could help each other.

we hugged and went our separate ways, as I walk through the hall I suddenly get paged, I start running a bit, and as I walk into the trauma pit I see at least a hundred people, all bleeding somewhere on them, I panic.

my eyes search the room, that's when they land on Bailey's, I walk over to her asking about the situation, she tells me that a plane crash has taken place not far from here.

as those words slipped her mouth, the panic in me grew wider, I've never told anyone but I was in a plane crash when I was 6, never to this day have I forgotten, I remember every little detail.

as more interns and residents fill the room, the more crowded there is, it was a lot to take in I had to get out of here, I rush in front of people to get away, I reach the door to the on-call room, I tried to catch my breath, but only got harder to breathe, as if I was dying, the door suddenly opens and in comes Derek.

tears were leaving my eyes, I couldn't dare let him see me like this, just as I thought he had left I felt myself being held, did he really care for me? or did he just feel like he needed to? the thoughts of that made me cry even more-

'shhh you're okay' he comforted, that was exactly what I needed to hear, I really liked Derek but I had absolutely no chance, and that was the saddest part, we were the definition of right people wrong time.

as I got everything under control we both left the room, I went to Richards office to tell him I wasn't feeling well and had to go home.