14.

The ferris wheel started back up again but I barley even noticed. Julie Gaffney just kissed me. Julie Gaffney. Was I dreaming?

We got off the ferris wheel and things were starting to get a bit awkward.

"Look about that kiss- I was just trying to say that I really like you Liz but I never got the chance to tell you and I wanted to ask if you liked me back?" Julie finally spoke.

"Does this answer your question?" I grabbed her chin and pulled her in for another kiss. Once I pulled away we both burst out laughing. We held hands and made our way out of the park.

~

Tomorrow was the last game until we went home. This was truly the best experience of my life. Plus I was dating the girl of my dreams. Adam, Averman and I were sitting in the arcade chatting about life.

"So guys did I tell you I had a date yesterday?" I said suddenly.

"Yes actually," Adam replied.

"No. How come I was never told about this?" Averman said.

"Well I wanted to wait and see how it went before telling anyone," Which was partly true. "Look we took selfies on the ferris wheel!" I pulled out my phone from my pocket to show them.

"Hold on hold on. You went on a date with Julie?" Averman said shocked. My face started to turn red and I started to get nervous. I guess Adam could tell because he put his hand on my leg.

"Uh yeah I did. We had so much fun!" I said back. Silence filled the room like a stuffy air freshener.

"That's nice Eliza but she is way out of your league," Averman finally said. I punched him in the gut and he winced. We all started laughing and messing around.

"We should probably get to bed," Adam suggested after about 5 minutes. I nodded and started to follow him out. Averman stopped me and pulled me aside.

"Uh you go ahead I'll catch up!" I yelled to Adam as he was walking away. Once he was out of earshot I started talking. "What the hell man!"

"Sorry I just wanted to tell you something really quick,"

"Huh?"

"Well there's been word around the streets that Dean is really upset about Julie breaking up with him and he will stop at nothing to take her back," Averman said. I couldn't believe a word he was saying.

"Averman stop pranking me," I said trying to walk away but he pulled me back.

"Eliza I am not pranking you. Dean told me himself he wants to know who 'stole' Julie from him," He explained. This didn't make any sense.

"But I didn't steal her from him. They were already broken up before we kissed," I defended.

"Wait you guys kissed?"

"Yeah on the ferris wheel..." I confirmed.

"Oh the big guy isn't going to like this," Averman tried walking away but I pulled his sleeve.

"Please don't tell him! Please Averman! I'm finally happy for once," I pleaded. Averman nodded and walked out silently. I collapsed with my head in my hands. How could Dean do this? I thought he was a sweet guy. I felt a tear drip down onto my converse.

"Eliza?" It was Julie. I couldn't let her see me like this. I quickly shot up and brushed off my clothes with my hands. "What are you doing here shouldn't you be in bed?" She said concerned.

"Hah yeah I was just heading up there!" I said fake laughing.

"Okay are you sure your alright? Do you need me to walk with you?"

"Yeah I'd like that," I said. She came over and held my hand as we walked back to the dorm. I was a nervous reck but at least I had Julie with me. She held the dorm door open for me and I plopped right into my bed. I slipped off my shoes and jacket and climbed under the covers.

"Goodnight Elizabeth," she came up and kissed my forehead and turned the lamp off.

"Goodnight Julie," I managed. I was so tired and overwhelmed that I didn't even know what I said. I was trying to think of my great day when darkness took over.