7.

"So Averman, have you been hanging out with Julie recently?" I practically interrogated this boy. I was determined to get the information to Dean that I needed.

"Uh, let me think," He rubbed his chin with his index finger and thumb. His other hand still on the ski ball he was getting ready to throw.

"Well?"

"Oh right. No actually I haven't hung out with her but I did talk to her after practice on Saturday,"

"That's great!" Finally we were getting somewhere. "So did she say anything that caught your attention?"

"Not really, she was just quiet like usual," Averman admitted. That was a lost cause. On to my next target. I busted out the restaurant doors and downstairs.

~

Jesse Hall was at the skate park they had in the hotel. I decided to join him and maybe take a quick skate. I threw my hair up and rolled up my jeans, put on my skates and headed over to him. I never digged roller skating as much as ice skating but Jesse loved it. I knew I would find him here.

"Hey Eliza!" He spotted me and waved me over. I cut threw a group of kids and made my way over to him.

"Hey Jess! What's up? I feel like we haven't hung out in so long!" I smiled and said.

"Oh nothing much," we skated in sync and I thought it was the perfect time to ask him about Julie and Dean.

"Uh have you by any chance been hanging out with Julie recently?" I asked casually.

"Yes actually! Me and her came to check this place out yesterday with Connie and Guy," He said. Finally someone who could help.

"Oh that's nice. Did she say anything about her and Dean?" I asked.

"Not really just that her and Dean weren't on good terms and she needed to 'figure herself out' whatever the hell that means," He explained. That was strange. What did Julie need to figure out? After a few minutes of thinking about it, Jesse looked at me.

"Hey Liza you okay?"

"Huh? Yeah I gotta get going now Jesse. Thanks for the help!" I yelled, skating off the rink.

~

"Hey Dwayne! Wait up!" I called out to Dwayne as he was just walking down the hall to his dorm. I was just leaving mine so it was worth a shot. I wasn't expecting anything because half the time Dwayne didn't know what was going on anyways.

"Hey Liza! What's up?" He smiled like always. His smile made me less nervous that I had nothing to tell Dean after all this time.

"Have you seen or hung out with Julie recently?" I asked.

"Hmmm well I did see her at the pool once! I was coming from the bathroom and I just wanted to check the hotel out more when I heard splashing from this room. I opened the door and Julie and Connie were in the pool," He explained. I didn't even know this place had a pool.

"That's great Dwayne. Did you talk to her?"

"Oh yeah I asked her how she found this place and she said that she just needed to clear her head so she invited Connie for a swim," he explained again.

"Anything she say catch your attention?" I asked.

"Look if i'm being honest with you honey," he came up real close to my face and lowered his voice. "She's been talking about you a real lot. She always brings up your name and whenever one of us does, she'll smile or act different. Girls am I right," And with that, he just tipped his famous black cowboy hat, turned on his heel and walked away.

(This chapter was so bad omg i was going for that movie montage type of thing but i don't think it worked out😃)