8.

I was a little bit disappointed that I didn't have anything to tell Dean. Well there was one thing. I decided it was best to keep it a secret. Julie was talking about me? What was she saying about me? Was Dwayne pulling my leg? I decided the only way to find out was talk to the others and see if they heard anything. I didn't want to make this about me though- I was already doing something for Dean.

~

"So uh Dean," I pulled him aside at lunch. "It doesn't look like Julie is up to anything. Maybe she just wants a break?"

"Like...break up?" he said tilting his head.

"No no no! Not break up just some time away," I reassured him and he smiled. I sighed and walked over to Connie, Dwayne, Ken, and Goldburg sitting at a table.

"Yeah so then I won this super cool game-" Dwayne was saying as I walked over. "Hey Eliza, didn't see ya," he said looking up at me.

"Hey,"

"What's up, you look a little bummed," he patted my shoulder. "We have a game in a few hours you should get your energy up!" he said handing me a coffee.

"OH SHIT!" I screamed. Everyone was looking at me. "I forgot about the game! I gotta go see ya later guys," I snatched the coffee and ran outside. I had to clear my head. This was driving me insane. Then it clicked. Adam. He's always there for me. I walked right back into the hotel and up the stairs to the dorms. I didn't see Adam at lunch but maybe he was up there. I knocked and waited for someone to step out. It was taking a while and I could hear voices but no one was answering. I decided to just open it anyway.

"Eliza what are you doing!" I heard someone say. I scanned the room. It was a complete mess with blankets and clothes all over the place. Food and drinks were scattered and stained all over the carpet flooring. I looked to a corner of the room. It was neatly organized with books stacked on the bed and clothes folded in the dresser. That had to be Adam's side.

"Uhhh is this a bad time?" I asked and giggled. "What are you guys doing in here?" I asked reluctantly. I didn't even want to know the answer to this one.

"Oh nothing we ditched lunch because we had food up here from last night," Guy said. "Come in we got a lot of good stuff here!" He added picking up a green piece of pizza.

"I'm good. That food smells like Charlie's socks. I just need to borrow Adam really quick," I said. Adam walked over and fixed his red polo collared shirt to look flatter.

"What's up Liz?" He asked. He actually sounded concerned.

"Well I just wanted to ask about something. Dwayne said that Julie has been talking about me and now i'm a mess trying to figure out what that means or what she's been saying and-" I was cut off by Charlie opening the door. His shoulder brushed against Adam's as he walked passed. He turned around and winked before striding down the hall.

"Wow Adam. For someone who's crush just strides pass them like that, you are sure pretty chill about it," I said. He raised his brows but stayed quiet.

"Well it helps that we are sharing a room," he answered. And then it clicked. Julie and I were sharing a room, which meant we had more time together to bond. I knew Adam would come in handy.

"You are a genius Adam Banks!" I wrapped my arms around him and we almost fell on the door.

"Uh let's not," Adam scrunched up his nose and pulled away from the hug.

"What you cant handle a hug from your best friend," I snapped.

"No I just-"

"Kidding! I know your a germaphobe anyways," I said grabbing his hand and leading him out the hotel doors. I started running down the street still holding his hand.

"Where are we going? We have a game in 30 minutes Liz!" He said. I stopped dead. THE GAME.

"Oh my god I forgot Adam I'm so sorry we can go later!" I said running back to the hotel. I sprinted upstairs and into the dorm to grab my bag and run back out. The rink wasn't too far from the hotel so I just walked.

~

"This rink is huge!" Jesse exclaimed walking in. I had just made it in time while the whole team was waiting outside.

"Yeah Jesse maybe we'll see that annoying ass kid again," Averman said. Jesse rolled his eyes and walked faster to the locker rooms. Averman shook his head and followed. We all trailed behind them laughing and talking.

I set my bag down near one of the lockers and glanced at my watch. I still had a few minutes. Julie's locker was behind mine.

"Hey Julie," I said sitting next to her on the bench. She jumped a little bit and then settled down.

"Sorry you scared me a little," She set her hands down and looked at me. Her gorgeous brown eyes and warm smile hit me. I blushed like a tomato and probably looked like and idiot.

"U-uh yeah haha," I stuttered. She giggled and then turned serious again. I opened my mouth and then closed it again, being too nervous to make a move.

"Well good luck Eliza," Julie said getting up and walking out the door.

Crap.

That was my chance. Oh well there will be more, I thought. I got up, shoved the door open and glided onto the ice for the game.

(I am so sorry I didn't get this chapter out sooner guys! I have been traveling and super busy. I also ran out of ideas tbh😭 but i promise I will get better at uploading new chapters. Enjoy!! :))