2.

I was frantically packing my stuff for Adam's house. I couldn't believe I forgot. I was usually the one to remind him. Some people may think it's weird for a girl and boy to have a sleepover but for Adam and I, it was normal. I grabbed a blanket and a pillow and folded them in with my clothes. I slipped my shoes on and headed out for Adam's.

~

When I arrived, Adam was outside waiting for me. His house was really nice and big, perfect for sleepovers. Usually the team hung out here a lot but on Fridays it was just him and I.

"I'm so sorry I'm late Adam. I had to pack all my stuff up before coming-" I ran over to him apologizing. I was going in for the hug but he pushed me back.

"It's okay Liz. I know you got a lot on your mind recently," He said. That was strange. What could he possibly know?

"Hey what do you mean by that," I asked.

"Oh nothing," He smirked and walked inside. What wasn't he telling me? I shrugged it off and followed Adam inside. It was only his mom around because his dad was with his brothers at hockey. I said hi to her and we went up to Adam's room. He had a blow up bed that I slept on at sleepovers. I like to have a whole bed to myself because I move around in my sleep. Once when we were little, I kicked Charlie off the bed and he fell on his face. Mom never put us in the same bed since.

~

It had been about three hours since I got there. We played some board games and ate dinner already and it was almost 9:00.

"Hey Adam, Im gonna go to the kitchen and get some water. Be right back okay?" I said after a long moment of silence.

"Okay i'll be here," He said. I closed the door behind me and went downstairs to get to the kitchen. Something wasn't right about Adam. Our sleepovers used to be so fun but now... I forgot about it and grabbed a glass from the counter. I put some ice in and carried it back to Adam's room. When I got back, he was sitting on his bed looking right at me.

"Hey Adam i'm...back. What are you doing?" I asked. I was concerned. This was creepy.

"Come Liz. Sit," He said. I set down the glass and sat on the very edge of the bed. I raised my brows and he said nothing.

"No need to look so scared I just want to talk," he said finally. Adam wasn't good at getting to the point. I scooted closer to him and lay back on the pillow. He did the same. So there we were. Staring at the ceiling in silence.

"So," He says.

"So," I say back. I noticed his cheeks were a little red but I didn't want to point it out. "What did you want to talk about,"

"Well I found out that our first game is on Sunday and we are supposed to fly out tomorrow," He said. That was what he wanted to tell me? I didn't believe this. He made this big deal for that?

"That's nice Adam but why did you make such a big thing about...that? Is there anything else you want to tell me?" I asked. His face got red again and he started looking around. Even though the only thing we could see was the ceiling.

"Well there is one thing... I've been meaning to tell you," He said nervously.

"Okay...let's hear it!" Finally we were getting somewhere.

"So...I like someone...but I don't know how to tell them I like them. What if they don't like me back?" He said. I was shocked. Adam liking someone? It didn't sound right. Maybe I wasn't used to the fact that we aren't little kids anymore and soon enough we were goning to get crushes.

"So you like someone and you don't know how to tell them because you know they won't like you back?" I answered finally.

"Mhm,"

"I don't know how to help you much Adam, I've never liked somebody before," I said. It was the truth. I never really had an interest in romantic relationships.

"Oh yeah right," He sounded awfully sad. I really wanted to help him but I had nothing.

"Maybe try getting a time alone with them to tell them how you feel, that way no one can be around if they reject you!" I said. It was the best I could think of.

"Hm that could actually work!" Adam shot up. I sat up to face him, he was smiling again. That's the Adam I know. "Thank you Eliza!" He said and hugged me. I put my arms around him and smiled.

"We should probably get to bed," I looked at my watch and it was already 10:30. We had to fly out tomorrow for the game.

"Yeah right, sleep. Good night Liz!" Adam said turning around to face the wall. I got on my blow up bed and stared at the ceiling, thinking. Did I like someone? I've never liked someone before but now that we're getting older... I thought of someone right away. Julie "The Cat" Gaffney. Every time I saw her, my stomach erupted in butterflies. I hated that feeling. Girls aren't supposed to like girls...right? I decided to sleep on it, literally. I looked over at Adam who was already asleep, and closed my eyes.

I'm so sorry for the shit chapter but I came up with this idea at 2 am... I'm trying to think of more ideas to write!!