10.

(We made it to the double digits besties😩👏)

I felt on top of the world. Adam might just have a chance with Charlie. We were winning all of our games since we got here. Nothing was going wrong.

I was walking down the dorm halls when I heard voices coming out of room 327. It was Fulton and Deans room. I could make out a girl's voice and a raspy male one. That had to be Fulton. I pressed my ear against the door to eavesdrop. Yes I know I shouldn't have but I'm nosey.

"And I don't know because I cant stop thinking about her man," The girl said. "And I'm losing my mind because I don't know what that means or what I need to do!" The more I listened I knew I heard that voice before. It was Julie. She was talking about a girl. I kept listening.

"Why don't you tell her Jules. What's the worse that could happen?" Fulton said. Was I hearing things?

"Oh I don't know Fulton the fact that I'm literally dating Dean!" She raised her voice but it was still calm and collective. How could she do that? Another amazing thing about her I admired. The room fell silent.

"Look, just tell Dean. I know him he's not one to get heart broken easily. Plus Jules. I think he already knows," He said.

"Already knows? What are you talking about?" She sounded like she was scared.

"I mean the way you've been acting recently especially at breakfast that one time, and at games. It's pretty obvious you have feelings for her that you can't understand," Fulton explained. So, Julie liked someone. A girl. This was the best news I heard all day. Yes that means she doesn't like me but it also means she's into girls.

"Your right. I'm gonna tell him today at dinner. Thank you Fulton," I heard her say. I heard footsteps coming to the door and I bolted into my dorm. Julie entered and looked shocked at my presence.

"Uh hi there Liz.." She looked at me and then walked to the bathroom. I HAD to tell Adam about this. About Charlie and I's conversation and now about this. He would be so shook.

"Julie I'm going to the boys dorm i'll be right back!" I yelled.

"Okay come back soon," she yelled from the bathroom.

Walking over to the smelly boys room twice in one day was the last thing I wanted to do. I knocked twice and Guy opened the door.

"Adam," he called back into the room. "Your girlfriend's here again!" I rolled my eyes. I was used to the joke at this point.

"She not my- whatever," He walked out and shut the door behind him.

"Adam I have to talk to you!" I said. I grabbed his hand and dragged him all the way the the hotel parking lot outside. It was night time and chilly out so Adam was shivering like crazy. I found a bench on one side of the lot and sat down.

"So you will never guess what happened. Charlie said that if he were to go on a date he would like to go to the amusement park. Oh also he likes blondes," I ranted. Adam's face was skeptical.

"And how do you know all this?" he asked.

"Because the guy told me Adam,"

"You went to our room and actually asked him those questions?!" he blurted.

"Well yeah, he's my brother," I said. He sighed.

"Is that all?"

"Oh no well I have something else to tell you," I said. I explained everything about me hearing Fulton and Julie talking earlier.

"So Julie likes you," he said. WHAT.

"No you don't get it. Julie likes some girl and she doesn't know how to tell her so she asked Fulton for help," I said. Julie didn't like me right?

"Well from what she was saying, it seems like she might like you doll," he said wisely. He had to be wrong. There was no way in hell Julie Gaffney liked me. ME of all people.

"I don't know maybe it was another girl from the hotel?" I suggested. Adam slapped his forehead and shook his head.

"Look i'm gonna let you figure this out on your own Eliza," He stood up and walked back to the hotel, leaving me stranded in the parking lot.

~

Dinner wasn't too joyful today. Everyone just kinda chilled. I grabbed my usual, mac and cheese meal and sat down next to Connie, Guy, Jesse, and Averman. Suddenly, Julie came up to the table. She tapped me on the shoulder.

"Hey Liza, can I talk to you for a second?"

"Yeah sure what's up?" I said taking a bite of food and following her outside.

"How are you and Adam?" She asked. Me and Adam? What?

"Uh we're good...Why?" I answered.

"Oh I was just asking. It's hard to keep track of all the couple drama around here you know?" She said. COUPLE DRAMA?

"Oh I think you have the wrong idea. Adam and I aren't a couple..." I corrected her. I didn't want this to spread to the team.

"Oh really. Guy told me you guys were I was just wondering-"

"Hood up GUY TOLD YOU THIS?" I was angry now. How could he spread a rumor about me and Adam dating.

"Yeah I just assumed it was true but I guess it's not!" she said excitedly.

"This was great talking to you Julie we should do it again some time but I gotta go," I said and I stormed back into the hotel.

"Guy Germaine! Where are you?" I yelled into the cafeteria. Coach looked concerned but I didn't care.

"He's right here!" I heard a voice yell and I saw a couple finger points.

"What the hell Guy!" I yelled in front of everyone.

"Language please!" I heard Coach yell.

"Guy did you tell the team that Adam and I were dating?" I asked. There were some gasps and a lot of oooos.

"What! No I swear. I told Julie but that's it I didn't start the rumor,"

"Then who did?" I asked looking right into his eye.

"It was Charlie okay," he finally broke. Why would my brother do something like this. Typical Conway.