Chapter 16: The Truth

I woke up on Sydney's bed.
I look beside me and she's not there.

My throat was so sore from all the screaming and I'm pretty sure my eyes are very puffy from crying.

I reach for my phone on the night stand and see that there is 146 calls from syd and 24 from camryn and 21 from Sam.

Damn.
.................
I walked to the kitchen after taking a warm shower to find her making breakfast.
Like yesterday never happened.

Syd noticed me and smiled
"I made you breakfast, let's go eat".

I sighed
"I deserve to know the truth" I said my throat hurting me but I don't really care.

Her smile falls
"Yeah I know, but can we eat first and after I will tell you everything".

I nodded and we ate.
.................
"So what exactly happened four years ago?" I asked going straight to the point.
I was too tired to play around the bush.

"What do you remember?".

"All I know is that nightmare I told you about, but I don't even know if it's true or just my imagination".

She sighed deeply
"Yes it did happen but that was five years ago".

"So what exactly happened?" I said quietly trying to prepare myself for the truth.

"Yes dad was abusive towards mom. But that only happened for the last years of their marriage when his company was dying at the time. And he was always at the bar drinking and because of that he was also very angry and that made him become abusive"
"But this specific night was the worst it has ever gotten. That day I was celebrating my birthday with my friends. And dad was so drunk that he was so close to killing mom. And sadly you were there to witness it".

My eyes widened
"So he killed her?".

"No thankfully I came home and saved her. But that day was only the beginning. When he left like he always do, he went to the bar and was so drunk that he made a deal with a mafia leader. I don't exactly know what was the deal about, but basically dad owned that man a lot of money."

"And of course dad couldn't afford any of it and he did what he was best at, he ran away and left us. And I have never seen our mother more happy and care free in my life."

"But of course the most dangerous mafia leader didn't like being betrayed like that so when he couldn't track dad he went to his family and started tracking them"

"A year later me, you and mom went on a vacation to the beach to celebrate my graduation from high school and on the way back, the mafia man has ordered his men to kill us so he found that a car accident was the best idea, and that car accident resulted in mom's death"

"And since her death you were never the same again. It was as if you were stuck at that accident and never came back. You kept hallucinating that mom was alive. You kept having nightmares and you never came back to reality."

"The only form of reality you had was learning boxing and going to school. It was as your brain has split in half. Half stayed at the accident and didn't come back and half in the present."

"I was so worried about your condition and asked a lot of doctors about what to do. They told me that your memory will come back and that I need to play along with you so you don't get shocked again. It was so hard because you always remade the car accident but with different scenarios. Once mom with us. Sometimes just the two of us . The most recent one was that accident resulting the end of your boxing career which is true but it wasn't a car accident, it happened from a match you had lost I had never been on that accident. I got a call that you passed out and was badly beaten up."

"And when I heard the story you kept telling the doctors and me I convinced everyone to play along but I knew everything was going out of control and that's when I was so worried about you I had to do something so I got you into therapy"

I stared at my sister who went through a lot because of me.
And I didn't know what to say.
So I just threw my arms around her and hugged her as we both cried.

I can't believe she went through a lot of that to keep me safe.
...................
A/N
Finally the truth is out!!
So what do you guys think of the truth?
Did it blew your mind?
Let me know in the comments!

And please vote.

Love you all!!!!(。♡‿♡。).

Baiiiiiiiiii