|NINE|

Chapter 9: Boxing journey

L Y D IA

Before i knew it, it was already next week.

And i was currently spending lunch break in class copying camryn's notes for the last two months i couldn't go to school.

Since the first session, doctor rachel made sure that i reconnect with my friends again and don't shut them out cause they are already worried sick and they just want to help me.
I won't lie and say i didn't miss them because i did miss them more than i thought i would.
And i feel so bad for shutting them out like that, especially after they just got me back.
When i first came back to school camryn had been looking so
rough -even worse than me- and i spent the whole day apologizing for not answering her calls and texts; she forgave me so easily, but i still promised i'll make it up to her by taking her to the cinema to watch her favorite movie in the weekend.

The day ends with a lot of new -and old- things for me to catch up on.
I reached my appointment in time but somehow still waited for like ten minutes before i could go in.

"How are you feeling today lydia?" dr. rachel greeted me with a smile i returned.
"Progressing" short and simple.
"That's great; before we start, would you like something to drink?" she asked, raising the phone to her ear.
"Um, maybe a hot chocolate if you don't mind?"
She smiled her usual wide smile "of course i don't, one second"
She spoke to her assistant asking her to bring one cup of hot chocolate and the other an extra caramelized coffee.

"So, what do you wanna talk about today?"
I put my cup on the night stand close to me, raising my legs to sit cross legged on the couch.
I shrug "i don't know you're the boss here"
She chuckled " how about you tell me what does lydia smith like to do in her free time"
I let out a groan "please never call me by my full name again; but i like reading a lot -especially sport romance-, skateboarding with camryn, and i guess while i was at it liked to practice boxing".

She smiled "yeah, tell me about that".
"About what?"
"About your boxing journey and your raise to success"
I laugh one of my real laughs that can be heard by my close people only.
I clear my throat before speaking "well it all started when i was
twelve, there was a guy who used to bully camryn, his reason?
Because she is 'overweight' -idiot- and camryn is a very emotional person so she took it to heart me on the other hand took it with anger; there always has been a gym close to the skate park we skate at i always had been interested in it, till one day actually got the courage to walk in and check it out and just like that i became a member. Of course mom was hella against me boxing because i always came beaten up, but sydney convinced her and was the one to encourage me, she says it is a good way for me to pour out my energy in and she was right i always come back dead"

She laughs and leans back on her chair sipping her coffee.
I smile "but honestly as years go by it's importance grows and the more i realize it was the best decision i ever made. It makes me feel powerful and gives me the feeling of euphoria. The
things it taught me are endless, like to never give up on what i love even if it beats the crap out of me, because in the end if i'm patient enough the pain will be worth it. And to always keep my patience till the end of the match, one punch at the last minute and you might be the winner. And ofcourse not to mention the amazing people i know because of it like sam and chris".
I come back to reality to find admiration in rachel's eyes.
"Wow, it's great that you found something that makes you feel
like that and gives you purpose at such a young age".
My smile falls "yeah but it's gone now".

That's when rachel's blue eyes shine and she leans forward "you know you can still have all of these feelings back"
I look at her desperately "how?"
She shrugs "try something new".
"What?" i ask in disbelief.
She said it so easily

"No, actually try everything and see what brings you that euphoria feeling again"
"What?" i repeat, maybe she didn't hear me the first time.
She must be kidding.
She wants me to change my goal and my career?
She wants me to change my life -more than it already changed- from when i was twelve years old?

"Noone has one thing to make them happy, there is always plenty of new things you haven't figured out that can make you happy"
I blink.
"Look, you've always loved boxing, it is still your passion but while it takes a break there is nothing wrong with exploring new stuff"
"Like?"
"You're the one who's supposed to find that answer"
I blink again.

She sighs "listen, for the past five years all that you've been focusing on is boxing and that's great, but in the process you missed all of these things that may bring you joy just like boxing did, and maybe that's your chance on finding a new passion for
lydia smith" she ends her sentence with a wide smile.
ugh , she said my full name.

I lean back on the couch and reach for my cup that has gotten cold by now, i can practically smell the gears burning in my head.

A new passion?!
She must be kidding me.

.......................
A/N
Heyoooo
I always find myself writing this story one way or another.

I don't even have a plan I just kinda figure it out as I go.

Anyways don't forget to tell me your thoughts and guesses in the comments and please vote.

Love you all!!!!!!(。♡‿♡。).

Baiiiiiiiiii