|THIRTEEN|

Chapter 13: Not Ready

                              L Y D I A

I storm into the house.
I reach to open every single drawer in this freaking household.
“Hey, what are you doing?”.
I ignore her and just continue searching. I’m sure it is here somewhere…

Here it is!!
“What’s going on lydia?”.
I open it and flip the pages to the last photo and take it out of the album to look at the back of it.

What?!
I stared at it in disbelief. Trying to comprehend what i’m seeing.
“So it is true” i mumbled , still in shock.
“What’s true?” syd asked, still confused and concerned.
I lift the picture in front of her face and it turns pale as her eyes are lost between the picture and my face.

“This is the photo we took, the three of us on your birthday last year, right?, but the date here says it was taken in 2019, four damn years ago. How?”.
She still kept looking at my face and not talking.
And that made me angry.
I need answers.

“Answer me! Is mom actually dead?” i ignore my voice cracking at the end of the sentence.
I never ever wanted more than her just to burst out laughing at me saying it’s just a prank bro.
I really wished she would do that and i promise i won’t get mad, i will even buy her a present for her acting skills and cause she got doctor rachel in on it.
But when her tears started to run down her cheeks my slight hope of me overreacting vanished.

“Please, tell me the truth” i begged.
“Yes” she says to me quietly.

What in the actual hell?

She reaches out to me “but listen that’s not the whole story, let’s sit down th-”
I cut her off as I started to run out of the house, into the night ignoring her screams behind me.

I have probably ran twenty miles today, and my legs are starting to hurt, i can practically feel the nail in my legs burning from friction.
But i never stopped to care.
I need fresh air.
I need my safe place.

I reached the bridge just as the last couple finished taking their pictures and turned to leave.
This bridge meant a lot to our family, especially mom, she would always take me and syd her every weekend; she says that her dad proposed to her mom on this bridge, where they had
their wedding.

The bridge was her favorite place.

I walk to the wooden railing on the sides.
The water surrounding the place from beneath combined with the fairy lights that were lighting the whole bridge, made the reflection it has on the water breathtaking.
There was barely anyone on this bridge since people rarely came here anymore.

I look down at my reflection on the water and stare at it till i see drops of tears falling onto the water.

And that was it.

I scream from the top of my lungs.
I scream for my mother’s death.
I scream for the end of my boxing career.

I scream for myself over and over again until i couldn’t anymore.

                               .........

A/N

Anyways don't forget to tell me your thoughts and guesses in the comments and please vote.

Love you all!!!!!(。♡‿♡。).

Baiiiiiiiiii