|TWELVE|

Chapter 12: Ready Or Not Here I Come

                           L Y D I A

I’m on my way right now to see doctor rachel.
And i think i’m ready to tell her about my nightmare.
I’m guessing it will help with something.
What? I don’t know exactly.
But it might help with something.

For the past week i have been talking to syd’s friend about computer science, and i’m so excited about it that i already started taking online courses for it.
Having something to spend most of my time in doing, is really helping my mental health, just like how boxing was to me.

“It’s not toxic is it?”
She shakes her head “no, as long as it doesn’t turn into obsession you’re good”
I nod my head in understanding.
“The way you think it might be toxic is if it is an addiction and you’re running from your problems to it, but if it helps with your problems and it’s a healthy amount then it is good”.
I lean forward a little, rubbing my hands together and taking a deep breath “i want to tell you something”.
She pours me a cup of cold water and puts it in front of me,
offering me a small smile “what is it?”.

I take gulps from the cup and put it back.
If therapy didn’t help with my mental health then it definitely helped keeping me hydrated.

“So, long story short, i get this dream -more like a nightmare- for five years and i don’t know what to make of it or even how to escape it”.
Her eyebrows come together forming a frown “can you describe it for me?”.
I clear my throat “okay, it goes like this; we are at our old house, i’m probably eleven or twelve years old, it always starts the same way, my father is yelling in a room, when i get up to see there he is, choking my mom, when i come from the shock
and before i do anything he sees me and screams at me to get out but just as i was about to run back to my room his hand tightens around her throat and she could barely breathe”.
“And then?”
I shrug simply “and then i wake up; i never understood it but it terrifies me to death”
“Why?”
“Because it looks so real, and the feelings are so raw and there, not just my imagination creating it you know?”
She puts a leg over the other “tell me about your dad lydia, how do you feel about him?”.
“Okay i guess? I don’t know what i’m supposed to say
“I don’t remember a lot, since i haven’t seen him for years but i
remember he used to be very busy and spend days out working, But my most recent is sydney would put me to bed when she hears the key”.

“Did you ever think that the purpose of this dream might be
your subconscious trying to tell you something?”
I frowned my eyebrows “tell me what?”.

Where is this conversion going?.

She leaned forward in her chair and looked me dead in the eyes.
“That your mother is actually dead lydia”

I burst out laughing.

She can’t be serious.

“I’m not joking”
I look at her face to find it dead serious.
I smile, shaking my head “you have to be kidding right? My mom left for work this morning. How can she be dead?”
She offers me a sympathetic smile “no lydia your mother died four years ago”.

Why is she doing this to me?
What is trying to get out of it?

I get up shaking my head.
I start to walk through the door and run out of here.

I ran home.
I ran to my sister
I ran to my hero.
I ran to ask her if this is true.
Even if the whole world is saying something i will not believe a
single one of them and run to ask my sister.

Because she will never lie to me.
                         .............
A/N
don't forget to tell me your thoughts and guesses in the comments and please vote.

Love you all!!!!!!(。♡‿♡。).

Baiiiiiiiiii