14

Katsuki's pov

Finally, the one I've been waiting for my whole life. My 18th birthday. I can finally beat my old hag's ass.

Yes, I have been waiting to finally smack her head instead of mine. Good thing the smacking's finally stopped or else I might even get brain damage...

Anyway, I was planning to go to the beach and relax. Where no one knows the beach, I'm heading and fully hidden. The beach I was after was the one that's close to the plain of tulips. I might even rest there if I wanted to.

I quietly sigh and begin to start my day. I quickly brushed my teeth, angrily shouting at the damn germs sticking to it. After brushing my teeth, I went to the living room and plopped on the couch. The old hag sees me right after.

"You brat! Get over here and eat breakfast already. My special food just for you will get cold! Get your pathetic ass in here right this instant!" The hag yelled directly to my face. I snarled at her before heading to the dining room.

The food was spicy curry, how lucky I am. I grinned at the food and quickly headed to the cupboard to get a plate. I took a whole cup of rice and dug right into the spicy curry.

"Thank you for the food!" I said and started eating.

What. In. The. Actual. Hell

This curry is the best thing I have ever tasted. The spice just fitted the chicken and the carrots. The rice makes it even better. I don't want to describe how good this food is, I want to savor it...

I almost took my third cup of rice but I have to stop right there. I don't want to get my stomach so full I can't swim on the beach anymore. I stood up and began washing the dishes as a thanks for the delicious food.

The old hug puffed her chest as if she was kind of proud. But I think she really is, ha, the old hag gets proud for a little reason.

"I see you like my food once in a while, Katsuki? I made sure to make that curry perfect just to make you happy." She said while looking at the magazine she was reading.

"Tch, so what? Yes, I liked the food but that doesn't mean I have to compliment it to you..." I replied before going upstairs and taking a bath. But I just realized something...

"Oh my God!! Did you just compliment me?" She gasped and looked at me with wide eyes. I closed my eyes in embarrassment and made my way upstairs without saying anything. She's irritating me anyways,

Now that I'm in the bathroom, I took my clothes off. Duh, who wouldn't? Anyway, I don't need to explain myself taking a whole damn shower so after that, I dried my hair and set the stuff I need while I get out of this house.

~~~

Finally, I'm out of the so-called 'home'. I got to relax under the sun and swim later. Nothing beats a nice lime juice while I'm at it. I prepared the ingredients and picked out an out of the ordinary lime in the nearby forest. It really is weird for a lime tree in the forest, but eh, I don't even care.

After that, I took a small sip in the juice. I immediately squinted my eyes, it's too sweet for my own liking. But somehow, I kind of remembered one person who liked eating lime. Green and sweet. Hell, the only person I'm with is the one and only shitty hair.

But if this person was green and sweet why would I even know him if I did? I don't like sweet shits; I live for the hard work! But eh, I think I'm just overthinking. I need to swipe that away since I'm here to relax.

Okay I lied. These thoughts are making me sick. I can't focus on shit anymore and it's giving me a full headache. I can't properly relax, swim, and sleep because this shitty person is still going around my head. And it all started because of the fucking lime juice!!

Ugh, the sun is already setting and I didn't even have a good time at all. My thoughts were away with someone I don't even remember...

That's it, even though I don't remember this person, ill wait in the field of tulips. I don't care if they'll not come, I just need to clear my thought.

I cleaned up my stuff first and then grabbed my flashlight, good thing I brought one just in case. I quickly searched for a spot where I can wait. But to my sudden surprise, someone was already there.

He had fluffy green hair and mesmerizing emerald eyes that were perfectly shining in the moonlight. He also got cute freckles that finished his beautiful appearance. But this is just a mere stranger, I never met him in my whole damn life.

I didn't even notice I was staring at him for a few minutes now. But he started the same. He timidly stood up and walked towards my direction. I was alerted, I don't know what he'll do to me...

"U-umm, hello sir. I was wondering if we ever m-met? I kept remembering that there's a person that looked like you but smaller. And I k-kept thinking about it this whole day a-and I didn't know who it was until I saw y-you..." Oh wow, this nerd is talkative. I only shut my mouth. I don't even know what to say. This theory was also the same as mine. But the difference is that a person that looked like him when he's younger.

"And why would I talk? I don't even remember meeting you or perhaps saw you in a glance?" I said, but oh boy I messed up so badly. I just gave him a fucking information...

The greeny frowned after that. It is confusing because it's like destiny or fate. I have read some cringey books about lovers meeting themselves in a strange way. And yet, here we are.

"What if we learn ourselves better! That way, there must be something that can trigger us or remember!" The nerd said with a cheerful smile. Not going to lie, even this nerd is so dang annoying, I still feel a little open to him. I have decided that I might introduce myself so I can finally let these thoughts away.

~~~

We've talked about almost everything we did through our entire lives but none of them pulled the trigger. I'm getting hella pissed because of this. But then the nerd started telling his life story when he was 8 years old.

"My mom always told me that I have a curse every time I grow up. We got into a new house and started a new life. Ever since then, my mom said I never became sick again when I turned 9 and so on." He explained while looking at the stars. And that changes my whole memory lane...

That's when I remember making a promise to the person I have loved the most. Someone who will be mine in the future. But unfortunately, I broke the promise...

I now remembered when he was almost lifeless in my chest. When he timidly whispered right into my ear. When we always visit each other's houses and have sleepovers. And right now, he's talking to me, face to face. And I fucking missed his voice. It was like a pure dream come true.

"Deku-" I whispered and quickly hugged the boy in my arms. He, of course, got surprised by the sudden reaction but complied anyway. Oh, how I missed hugging what is mine.

"U-uh, sir?" Deku said, becoming uncomfortable. I teared up while looking at him. He looked at me as if he was offended.

"Deku, do you remember our promise when we're little? Oh God that was ages ago, I can't believe I left you all alone." I explained and he just gave me a stare.

"Deku, do you remember when we sneaked out of the house that day and went to the forest? We promised each other that we'll never leave each other, right? Do you remember now?" I asked.

I was relieved because I got a heartful reaction.

To Be Continued