Utterly Defeated!!

"Forge a metal that is easier for Ye Xinglan to work on and finish it as early as possible ", Gu Yue informed Tang Wulin about the procedure of the competition and their plan.

"Are you guys serious about this? It's too risky", Tang Wulin raised his doubt after he took a glance of design.

"The person who couldn't even make in time for the competition can't talk about risks", Ye Xinglan rebuked while Wu Siduo just glanced at them.

Tang Wulin raised his hand in defeat as he walked up to the counter. He took our three metals from his storage ring and placed it for heating, not showing anyone what they were. While He Xiaopeng was working hard on his metal as well, thousand refining it.

After ten minutes, Tang Wulin took out his heated metal, making everyone question if the heat was enough. Tang Wulin placed them on the counter, and took a deep breath. His eyes became resolute, his concentration was extremely sharp, that who ever glanced at him would subconsciously hold their own breath

*CHING*

*CHING*

*CHING*

Three hammering sound resonated as Tang Wulin hammered them using the Tang Sect technique, Disorder Splitting Wind Hammer.

Although not everyone knew what happened, anyone who were familiar with forging could understand what just happened,

Thousand refining was complete.

Within just three hammering, Tang Wulin completely turned the tide.

Tang Wulin unleashed his scales, emitting golden light, as he continued his hammering. Bright golden light from the scale was blocking everyone's view.

After a few, no, very few swings of hammering, a faint dragon roar was heard. A the light around Tang Wulin died out, as he withdrew his scales. His left palm was bleeding, making everyone thinking he hurt himself. But then, what they saw completely stupefied the audience.

The three pieces of metal were no more. There was only one piece of metal, and an illusory golden dragon was floating on it.

Spirit forged metal!

"Ye Xinglan!"

Tang Wulin called out and Ye Xinglan and Wu Siduo, snapped out of their daze and quickly walked up to him.

"I bought you enough time right?"

By now, one hour has elapsed, with only two hours left on the clock.

"You could have gotten us more time if you could just get here on time"

With that, Tang Wulin, who exhausted both his soul power, blood and spirit power, sat down in exhaustion. Ye Xinglan and Wu Siduo got to their own work.

He got up and walked upto Xu Lizhi, who passed him a few recovery porkbuns, while Gu Yue passed him a water bottle.

"Captain, why are late this time?", Xu Xiaoyan asked.

"I was cultivating that..."

"That...?", Xie Xie repeated.

"...I forgot about the competition"

"...."
.
.
.

With one and a half hours left on the clock, Yuanen and her mecha maker, Ye Xingmo got on with their work.

They finished their work, which was a one word battle armour head piece, in the next one hour.

They glanced at their opponents, who were still working, with mere thirty minutes left on the clock.

Even the audience had expected the first class would finish it faster than Class two. Especially after Tang Wulin's unprecedented forging skill, spirit forging and alloy forging three metals in just fifteen minutes!

But now, it was clear that Wu Siduo and Ye Xinglan were struggling. Their strength was getting drawn to their absolute limit.

"No way! They are attempting to make a two word battle armor piece!", one of the elders exclaimed.

A series of gasps were heard.

"These students are extremely daring, to the point it's unsettling "

"Shouldn't we stop them?!"

"Are you an idiot?! Stopping them now is even more dangerous!"

The elders broke out in a series debates. It was obvious the were extremely worried.

The students of class 2 wore strange expression. They were confident in their win. Their team were compromised completely of level 4 craftsmen. One of them was close to level 5 as well. If anything, it should have been an easy win.

Then the saw that the Blacksmith of Class 1 was missing. Their designer was not working with the mechanic. The were clearly lagging behind. It was obvious at that point that Class 2 had the victory in the bag.

But the appearance of one person turned the tables on them. He, who some even wondered to have ran away, arrived late. It seemed like he overslept. Even during the competition, it looked like he priorities his breakfast, considering the size of the bun in his mouth. He even held two more in his hand!

But in the next fifteen minutes, mere fifteen minutes, he delivered a hard slap in the face of even student of class-2. This was the Class rep of Class-1.

And now, two of the Class-1 students are actually attempting to make a Two word battle armor piece!

Even if they did win, it was obvious that the victory already belongs to Class1. They were just monsters! Who would have imagined there would be two level 5s in class 1?!

As the time finally ran out, Wu Siduo and Ye Xinglan collapsed on the floor. The passed out.

Ya Li promptly started treating them. It was obvious they overdrawn their soul power.

As for the result, it was placed on the counter.

A sleek golden right arm guard. It's knuckle area was in the form of a dragon head. The entire piece were covered in a scale like design, courtesy of Tang Wulin's spirit forging. It had gaps for Fingers to pass through.

The students couldn't see the result though. The elders have already surrounded the armor piece. All they could do was wait for the results.

Both class 1 and 2 held their breath as they watched the elders inspect the product. They didn't know if it was just for formality, but the head piece by class 2 was also evaluated alongside the arm guard.

"These little monsters really did! They actually made a spirit forged two word battle armor!"

Without breaking a sweat, class1 erupted in cheers, while the heads of class 2 dropped.

"That brat actually fuse forged three metals! So not only were they alloy he made have the toughness of titanium gold, soul power amplification of heavy silver, it is even helps in smoother crafting later on. The harmony rate in 95%! This is pregod alloy! ", Feng Wuyu exclaimed proudly.

"Ths design is also made keeping the efficiency in mind. It promote easier manufacturing ", Elder Cai noted.

Later that day, the overall victory belonged to class 1. All four of received 100k contribution point, while Tang Wulin alone got 50k extra for now being a level 6 blacksmith.

From class two, Yuanen Yehui and Bai Hanying also recieved 100k each  contribution points since their design was close to a level 5.

All of class 1 were in cheers and laughs that day.

Well, except for their class rep that is..

The whole class threatened him to treat them after Ye Xinglan and Wu Siduo recovers. This was his punishment for being late.

Luo Guixing did not hold back is past grudge as he invited Shen Yi and Wu Zhangkong as well. In turn, Shen Yi Invited Elder Cai, Elder Feng and Elder Zhou. Ya Li was also invited.

"Today was our win, but why I feel like I am utterly defeated", Tang Wulin sighed.