Chapter-3: Son Of The Sea God

A handsome man was standing by the radiant golden tree, accompanied by an equally beautiful women, who was leaning on his chest. The two didn't speak, just stood there, enjoying the comfortable silence. If someone saw this sight, it would seem like a beautiful picture showcasing  two people who given their hearts to each other.

          Too bad for them, this picture was soon ruined when the branches of the Gold Tree shot out and converged to form a small dome, accompanied by bright golden light. When the light died down, a figured walked out. A boy who looked to be at the age of 12 or 13, his face more handsome than any else, with the long blue hair adding to his looks. His eyes, so deep and blue as the boundless sea.

          Both Yun Ming and Ya Li were entranced by the youth in front of them. But Ya Li seemed to have come back to her senses quickly, as she hastily moved away from Yun Ming, her gorgeous face, bright red. Seeing her face again, Wulin's heart was in turmoil. If it wasn't for his strong mental strength, he would have rushed up to hug his God mother without a second thought.

         Yun Ming also came back to his senses, and his face changed to a bit of annoyance. "Who are you young man? And how did you get in here?", he asked.

"Outer court first year disciple Tang Wulin greets Pavillion master", Tang Wulin bowed. "I am sorry for entering without permission, but the matter I wish to speak is of atmost importance, and i wish to speak with you alone ", Tang Wulin said and then looked at Ya Li.

         No matter how respectful Tang Wulin was being, Yun Ming could still feel the unyielding presence he was radiating, a presence that seem to disregard everything else in the world, much to  his surprise. "You can speak what you want, and how you got here in her presence ", Yun Ming said indifferently, contrast to his usual calm and peaceful personality. This was because Yun Ming was subconsciously becoming vigilant around Tang Wulin.

"I'm afraid I can't do that ", Tang Wulin replied, his words respectful yet resolute.

"Are you defying me?", Yun Ming narrowed his eyes as sharp aura radiated from his body, suppressing Tang Wulin. "Brother Ming, what are you doing?!", Ya Li spoke up, worried at the turn of event.

      But suddenly, another aura filled the hall, which completely erased the aura Yun Ming released, and in turn suppressed him. Ya Li was taken aback when she saw that something was able to suppress Yun Ming, the strongest in continent. Then that aura has to be some stronger than that of a limit doulou.

"God level!", she looked at the source of the aura as she reached realisation. Her eyes landed on the Gold tree, which extended its branches around Tang Wulin, as if guarding him, while the its aura suppressed Yun Ming. 'The Gold tree  actually attained Godhood?'.

       Tang Wulin raised his arm and touched the branch and thought mentally, 'it's fine grandmother, please retract your aura '. With that, Yun Ming was finally able to move, but his face was pale. This was the first time in years that he felt this powerless.

"Brother Ming, I'll leave you two alone ", Ya Li understood the situation well enough, and walked out of the hall, leaving only the two behind.

"I'm really sorry Pavillion master, but I had no choice. This matter can't be disclosed to everyone, even elder Ya Li. This is for her safety as well", Tang Wulin bowed again. Despite what happened, Tang Wulin had deep rooted respect for the atlas doulou. If it wasn't for him, he and the rest of the students wouldn't have made the catastrophe t Shrek alive.

       Yun Ming was still shocked at what happened. The Gold tree attained Godhood? What is this boys connection with the tree? Why is the tree protecting him? All these questions flooded his mind. But he calmed down quickly and let out a sigh, "speak up. What is it you wanna talk?  Before that, what's your connection with the Gold tree?".