Chapter 25

-Balance Castle Coffee Bar-

Geno watched Cerulean and Glitter talk in a corner while Reaper fixed himself yet another coffee pouting over having to bring his coffee buddy back.  "You know the kid said he didn't care if he wanted to run off with you so long as he checked in with his family."

Reaper blinks and gives Geno a startled look, having not realized he could be read that easily.  "I know Geno it is just... hard to put into words it feels selfish to want to keep him with me but I miss the little guy.  Like he is, family who can actually spend the whole day with me."

Geno smiles, "I understand you share a magic type and have a lot in common. It is easy to understand him and get along and you can both relax because your magic doesn't affect each other."

Stretch walks over from the corner where Powder was holding an exhausted Dream. "Hey Reaper, is there anything to make tea?"

Nodding Reaper gets out a box of golden flower tea and a mug filling the mug from the hot water dispenser behind the bar.  "How is Dream doing? He looked pretty out of it when they came back."

"About how you would expect. The kid called him in to help Vita by absorbing residue from his counterparts' attacks.  Apparently he didn't like what he discovered about his counterpart." Stretch watches the tea steep.  "I have to say I like what I have seen of Powder and Rose.  I can see why the kid wants them watching out for Dream."

Geno glances at Alter and Mob as they chat with Edge, "do you get the feeling the kid likes those from rougher AUs better?"

Stretch glances around just as Golden and Sunshine walk in.  "He certainly gets along with fell Sanses well but you may be right about the darker AUs.  On the other hand, given the history the darker AUs didn't start off on his bad side."

Reaper sips his coffee, "fortunately so far his bad side has been well aimed and controlled. Fell after his breakdown has actually been civil to Edge and even asked if he needed anything from their AU today.  Classic hasn't been sleeping through meetings lately either."

Geno shakes his head, "I don't think we have seen his bad time side yet.  He has been remarkably gentle with all of us.  Everyone he has been hard on has improved.  I am not sure any of us know how to deal with his wishing us harm."

Stretch nods, "it begs the question if he doesn't wish us harm now, is he capable of it."  Turning before anyone could answer he took Dream, the tea.

Reaper sighs staring into his coffee, "Geno love, you are shockingly good at pointing out bleak truths we don't want to hear, but I am grateful for it every day."

Geno blushes looking away in time to see Hatchet and Peace standing in the doorway looking lost.  "If I was good at it I would have noticed Error wasn't evil."  He waves at them drawing Hatchet's attention.

Hatchet smiles and points him out to Pease walking over with a smile.  "Geno! Glad you're here, this place is a bit overwhelming."

The rough raspy quality of Hatchet's voice drew everyone's attention.  Some with curiosity, most with worry.

Mob watches everyone from a couch by the wall just holding a napping Alter.

Geno grins "can't argue with you there.  Come meet Reaper, he is the coffee addict I told you about."

Peace laughs as they join Geno at the coffee bar.  "HELLO REAPER."

Reaper grins at them, "so my lovely Geno talks about me?"  He grins even wider when Geno blushes.

Hatchet laughs, "he couldn't say enough about what an annoying firt you are and how nice it was to be able to walk without being picked up."

Golden and Sunshine, hearing Hatchet as they walked up, laughed. "Geno! How have you been? You look less bloody."