Chapter 14

-Balance Castle-

Fresh 404 sighs and looks around as they step through the portal. "Right we have to find everyone, have dinner, ask Doc what the bitties need tonight. Fill out the reports for today. Fox, how did they do it all."

"They didn't, your dad had a team and Error stopped functioning outside of his job. You can't afford to do it all." Edge frowns slightly looking around. "Where is that Milly chick I bet she knows where everyone is."

Fresh 404 takes out his phone and texts Milly. "Good point plus we have no idea where the dining room is."

A few minutes later a lanky bunny monster in a suit rushes into the entry hall. "Lord 404 please forgive my tardiness. How may I serve you?"

"It is alright this is a big place. Can you tell us if the others have eaten dinner yet, and where everyone is?" Fresh 404 smiles trying to reassure the young footman.

"All the guests have been shown to rooms, the bitties are being settled in your rooms and their Doctor in the suit next door. It is seven thirty so dinner will be served in fifteen minutes." The footman relaxed at Fresh 404's smile.

"Thank you, Edge will be staying with us for a few days please lead him to a suit off the courtyard so that it is easy for everyone to find each other if they want company." Fresh 404 glances at Edge and hums in thought. "Also have someone find him pjs. We will take him to get his luggage tomorrow."

"Yes my lord is there anything else?" The young footman beamed clearly happy to help.

"We are going to our room to check on the new members of the family, please arrange for everyone to have a guide to the dining room when it is dinner time." With that Fresh 404 teleported away with a rainbow poof of mist.

Edge sighs, and rubs the back of his neck. "Fox damn it is there no way to make him take a break?"

"Don't worry about that, he won't escape Milly until dinner." The footman grinned leading Edge through the maze of a castle.

-Fresh 404's Room-

Fresh 404 poofed to just outside his rooms and opened the door carefully not wanting to accidentally bump any bitties. "Hello?"

Doc hurries out of one of the bedrooms. "Fresh 404 your back. Most of the bitties are napping in your room while we're unpacking."

Fresh 404 smiles and followed him into the room. "We may have to make do for a few days. We will be talking to the carpenter tomorrow about furniture." Taking a notepad out of their inventory they start making a list. "Milly, good job on getting them settled quickly and taking the initiative on unpacking."

"Thank you m'lord. I took the liberty of sending the dishes and silverware to the kitchen so they could be washed before dinner." Milly beams at the praise.

Doc smiles and watches while he sorts through packages dividing them into piles. Bathroom supplies in one corner, bags of clothes to Milly to be unpackaged and washed. Bedding piled on the bed, toys by the door, weapons on the desk.

"Let's see we need the carpenter to make wardrobes, beds, chairs, couches, tables, chest of drawers. We need the plumber to hook up the bitties bathroom sets. Let's say under the counter in our bathroom while the one off this room is remodeled for them. Remodeling means getting the architect, builder, plumber, electrician.... Milly dad did this all the time. Is there one person I can contact and tell what I want and let them handle the rest?" Fresh 404 glances at Milly hopefully.

"Local contractor, just make a list of the changes you want. The contractor takes it from there. Furnishings are separate." Milly looks up from collapsing and bundling boxes for recycling.