Chapter 4

-UnderSwap #0 Ruins-

Chara watched as Fresh 404 stopped just inside their room then moved to kneel by the bed and held out a hand as if greeting someone.

"Frisk thank goodness you are awake. You gave us quite the scare." Fresh 404 tilts his head smiling gently. "Won't you smile for us dear?"

Chara squinted trying to see, he knew Frisk was there he could hear her after he got a few LV. Temmie pressed against his ankle watching as well.

"Oh that is a nasty glitch we are here to do maintenance on the AU. Would you let me start with you? I can leave it if you want but it looks like it hurts." They shake their head and laugh. "You're right we forgot to introduce ourselves, we are Fresh 404."

"Is there anything we can do to help?" Chara picks up Temmie and moves to stand by Fresh 404.

They turn that sweet smile on Chara and Temmie. "I believe your hero here would love to have tea with your dad. Maybe you could find a ghost sandwich or something so they don't feel left out?"

He nodded going wide eyed. "We can do that!" Chara runs out blushing. "Oh my Fox when did skeletons get cute, Temmie?"

"They didn't, it is called charisma. Temmie doesn't like it but they make me want to smile for real especially when they are just as nice to Frisk as you." Temmie looks up at Chara.

Fresh 404 facepalmed blushing and only peeks out from behind his hands when they are out of ear shot. "Well that was embarrassing. There are some limits to how much we can do beyond repairs without risking unbalancing the AU but we can make you visible and audible to anyone that knows about resets as well as fix the glitches."

"Okay..." Frisk frowns, "I know who Fresh is but who is 404?" She watched as they opened a code panel.

"So you picked up on us being a fusion huh? Well 404 was created by Inky in Error's image with some of Nightmare thrown in. He claims he was trying to figure Error out so he could get him to stop destroying. We don't believe him, he tested out attacks on 404 until he decided he was dangerous and tried to kill him off. 404 escaped with his little sister. Error and Nightmare found them and put them in stasis while they healed. His little sister is still in stasis. I guess she is our sister now. Council pulled him out as Error's replacement and gave him to me as a host to boost his power. Bru doesn't like to talk about anything before his mum and dad. We are not what they expected." Code flowed past in the panel while they worked.

She snorts softly. "I bet they are used to duncle Error who let's them get away with everything."

"There probably wouldn't be a Multiverse if mom hadn't had grace as a SOUL trait. They are going to have to learn to deal with consequences we are nowhere near as forgiving." There was a peaceful silence as they continued to work.

Having come to tell them the tea was ready Razz stilled just outside the door hearing Fresh explaining who they were. When he was answered by a soft young voice Razz wanted to cry. The reminder that they had killed the most forgiving SOUL type was punch to his nonexistent gut. He had to compose himself before he could knock.

"There we go, glitches all fixed. You are now visible and audible to those who know about resets so you won't be so isolated." They grin closing the code screen. "Be prepared for an Inky tantrum."

Knocking on the door Razz steps into the room. "Tea is ready." He glances at Swaps getting a better look at her than he had in the support system. The kid had long cinnamon curly hair all tangled, hazel eyes, pale skin that showed every scrape and bruise, bandages from wrists to elbows. Overall attractive for a human kid. He briefly wondered if the Frisk of his AU looked like her. "Hi kid good to see you awake."