Chapter 15

-Balance Castle morning-

Fresh 404 groaned at the tolling of the morning bell.  "So unrad to wake up this early."

Sasin who was curled up under his chin gave a soft whine but set up.  "Do we really have to get up?"

"No one but us actually has to get up yet.  Breakfast is not for half an hour.  After that we have a meeting, then we have to meet uncle Geno and Reaper at Council HQ."  Fresh 404  starts carefully moving anyone still sleeping off him so they can set up.

Moonlight yawns getting up and picking up his partners in his tentacles.  "Then we best get ready, Glitch will have to stay here with the others."

"We take that to mean you and Starlight are coming with, as well as Sasin?" Fresh 404 eased out of bed gently lifting Moonlight, Glitch, and Starlight up to the pocket on his pajama shirt before lifting a sleepy Sasin to his shoulder.

Starlight coughs and shivers but nods.  "Something about your aura helps not as much as Moonlight but I need it so I was planning to nap in your pocket."

Humming Fresh 404 helps them pick out clothes then runs a sink of warm water so they can get cleaned up and changed while he does his morning routine.  "Okay bruseph."  Gently setting them on the counter by the sink he turned off the water.  "Just so long as you rest and recover."  Keeping a eyelight on them while they get cleaned up for the day before taking his own quick shower.

Glitch and Moonlight gently blotted the water from Starlight's wings preening his feathers with gentle fingers.

"Maybe the kid can find you a blow dryer?" Sasin watched Starlight shiver while they tried to dry his wings.

Fresh 404 finishes getting ready and checks on them frowning when he sees the problem they are having with Starlight's wings.  "Let us check under the counter for a blow dryer.  Sense this suit was unclaimed until yesterday it should have everything a guest might need." Quickly checking he came up with the required item plugging it in and laying it on the counter turned on so that Starlight could spread his wings in the warm breeze.

Moonlight helped Starlight into a soft golden sweater designed to fit around he wings buttoning at the sides.  Then pulled him into a tight hug resting his forehead on Starlight's shoulder from behind.  "This will work. Doc will keep treating your cough and we will stick close to the kid as much as we can.  We may have to wait for the balance to heal for you to be at full strength again, but you are going to be okay."

Glitch joins the hug looking up to meet Fresh 404's eyelight before pressing his skull into the other side of Starlight's neck.  Just holding on for a minute.

Gently lifting Sasin, Fresh 404 set him on his shoulder watching them hug.  He understood they were scared they had almost lost him twice from major events out of their control, not to mention the day to day dangers of being a bitty.  "Moonlight is right, with proper medical care you should get better and the new tree of feelings is growing."

Sasin looks away, moving closer to the Fresh 404's shirt collar.  "He is going to be okay. I don't have the urge to sit with him."

That got a growl from Moonlight, "you stay away from my mates."  If looks could kill the glare he gave Sasin would have dusted him.

"No need to be hostile given that Reaper's job is to escort the souls of those who have passed it is normal for Sasin to provide companionship to someone nearing death.  We would think it would be a relief to know Starlight is not in immediate danger of passing."  Fresh 404 turned off the blow dryer.  "Let's wake the others and have breakfast."